Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11 yea..
12-22-2010, 08:37 AM
If ground combat is going to be the dominent focus of STF's then it needs alot of work...

As many people stated.. WoW RAIDS were from 15-40 man.. those took alot of time and coardination with just cause to get great gear and a instance that was designed to be tuff... not tuff due to **** programing.. This is not the same.. this is a 5 man..

if it were up to me they should make STF's focused dominently on space.. being they can apperently make that part right.

And as far as the cure.. it isent so bad, just alot of glitchy respawns and mobs. KA is ****ing garbage come ground combat.

Sh%t programing should not determine the dificulty is all im saying.. wtf fix this sh*t already.. stop doing everything and get all your 4 programing chimps to focus on KA for a couple days and re release it..
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibers View Post
As many people stated.. WoW RAIDS were from 15-40 man.. those took alot of time and coardination with just cause to get great gear and a instance that was designed to be tuff... not tuff due to **** programing.. This is not the same.. this is a 5 man..
The problem is you can't expect them to implement 15-40 man Raids in STO, not any time soon the way this player base is. It's like pulling teeth on the KDF side to get 5 people for any STF. If you ask for 40, do even the top KDF Fleets have 40 quality people on at the same time? Simply by massive numbers there probably are -some- Fed groups that can do it.....but the game simply doesn't have the player base at the moment to support such high person raids at end game, even with things being top heavy as far as population at the moment.

Their compromise is to make 5 man raids alot harder then what a WoW 5 man raid would be like. I've never been in a true WoW raid, I've only been to end game on private servers which I fully admit probably gave me no where near the same experince as true players of the game. I do however have experince in end game in a certain MMO that sometimes didn't know how long was too long. And by comparison I'd have to say The Cure isn't that bad. It requires a degree of dedication (time invested) and planning (right weapons to stop the Worker Drones easier).

I'll note these are entirely optional experiences of the game. Before the Borg Set, all you really got were accolades, Skill points and/or BO points, Emblems, and Marks. Now you get parts of the Borg set. While I am sure there will be whining over parts of it and tweaks to come on how strong or weak parts of a set are, the fact is in the end it will not (or should not) be game breaking to have the set versus not having the set. Personally I am liking the challenge the STF's are giving. The rest of the game's PvE is too easy.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-22-2010, 09:02 AM
I think your missing the point... "hard" isent the point, im ok with hard... Im NOT ok with "hard because of shotty programing" There is no way each time you engage 8 mobs you are suddenly fighting 40 of the same mobs.. all with high DPS/Resist and CC... Thats the point, yet again, cure not that bad, just had alot of glitchy parts.. but KA... vertually impossible because of the BS programming.. Thats the issue at hand
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-22-2010, 09:34 AM
I keep hearing about "hard".

Hard is not the problem. I have done high end raiding in other games. Those could be done very well, because the mobs and the nature of the combat worked. STO's ground combat is sub-par to almost every MMO in existance. Ultima Online has a much better combat system...and how old is that???

It is just poor quality work. That is why they say that they are completely nuking ground combat for season 4 and redoing it. So to sit here and read that we are just too incompetent or lazy to want to do the "hard" STF's is laughable at best. Anybody with the common sense God gave a mouse could see that they barely even play test this stuff... and if they do.. they forgot to turn God mode off.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Hard is okay, stupid is a waste of my time.

Hate to say it Cryptic, but you should of released the Aegis set, made your improvements to ground combat, then release the borg set. At present you have all of these players going back into STF s only to be disapointed again by the battles.

Additionally, these STF s highlight a real need for ground and space skill trees. I am not gonna gimp my pvp build just so I can do this nonsense.

-Do you guys play these things... and if you do, do you have any fun?
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Comparing the STF's to Molten Core is like comparing a VW Beetle to a Ferrari.

These are not 40 man raids.. these are 5 man runs..for what should be you 0.5 tier gear.

Instead, what we have is a mass amount of mobs with a ridiculous amount of CC,... the ability to spawn in MORE mobs with MORE CC and nodes to make them invincible, until you manage to run past them into their vastly growing numbers to try to drop the node, before you die and run back from respawn.
Ah, you see, you aren't doing it correctly. No wonder you are having so much trouble.
Lt. Commander
# 17 Good wishes
12-22-2010, 11:59 AM
I have a feeling that now that the new borg loot is available, there will be many newcomers to the STFs. The veterans, and newcomers will eventually collide, and make more vets I just wanted to wish everyone luck, and remember to have fun. =) I think many will enjoy them, and sorry for those that won't.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Ah, you see, you aren't doing it correctly. No wonder you are having so much trouble.
Ah, I see you are not reading correctly. No wonder you don't understand what I am saying.
Lt. Commander
Funny, we steamroll these so-called hard raids with the ultimate weapon...

Teamwork.

Time and time again, with records of 50 minute Infected runs, 1h15 minute Cure runs, and the average 2hr. Khitomer Runs.

Have you all considered joining a fleet with the knowledge that many fleets have about raiding? Sitting around complaining that Cryptic needs to fix the game is all well and good. That's not going to happen overnight; so if you want your Borg Gear... maybe it's time you look for a solution you can apply now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozoha View Post
Hard is okay, stupid is a waste of my time.

Hate to say it Cryptic, but you should of released the Aegis set, made your improvements to ground combat, then release the borg set. At present you have all of these players going back into STF s only to be disapointed again by the battles.

Additionally, these STF s highlight a real need for ground and space skill trees. I am not gonna gimp my pvp build just so I can do this nonsense.

-Do you guys play these things... and if you do, do you have any fun?
I agree with two seperate skill trees. They just need to do it in a way that doesn't gimp anyone's playstyle in space. Maybe 1/5 of the Skill cap would also go to ground.
EX: I have 70700 Skill points at Cap, so for ground I would have 1/5 (14140) of that extra just for my skills there.
Make it so Cryptic.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-22-2010, 12:56 PM
STF's Don't Suck at all. It seems like some players are just not up to the task. Get some education... if you want something easy don't do STF's.

Just a bunch of whining.. give me a break... these are old and tired arguments. If a player can't or won't learn to play in a team environment then STF's will be a nightmare and Rightfully So! You don't deserve getting everything handed to you... or being spoon-fed end game content.

Don't even think about making STF's any easier... They are fine... You are the Problem - not the missions.

We do these missions on a regular basis - there is a steep learning curve - You can't just run into a room and blast stuff... it requires Skill and Tactics which you obviously lack in great quantities...

None of the STF's require more than 2 hours to complete... again... if it takes 3-6 hours you are doing them wrong and need more time in the woodshed...

It is unfortunate that the rest of the game is so easy... It makes players think They have Skills and They Really Don't...

There are plenty of resources available to help players better understand how to do these missions and if you have not made use of them that is Your Fault - not the missions.

YOU MUST WORK AS A TEAM

You don't have to have teamspeak but you DO have to pay attention