Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 71
12-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapaxbr View Post
well u see they did revamp it, they made it even harder! lol. the borg move faster now. u telling me u dont want to spend 3 hours on the ground part with a mile distance between spawn points!?
Running Borgs ftw!
Now seriously,i played WoW and compared with their 5 mans the STF are garbage,not because is too hard but because theres too many random things happening that can insta kill you and just an endless horde of mindless overpowered mobs coming over you.
My cap have all the best end game items and even with that i die some times just with one shot,even with full shields and some def resist around.
They need tune down the mobs,the quantity and make things more dynamic,not just a try and error pain in the nuts.
I only will run KA again for the accolade and im not happy with this
Lt. Commander
# 72
12-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
Let Me Be Clear... STF's are meant to be the Most challenging Team content in the Game. PUG's are NOT TEAMS...

A Real Team has an order - A point man, a Support Group & Leader. One out front pulling groups and killing nodes only... the support group sets up a defendable position and keeps the point man alive... Generally the Leader is in the back covering spawned proto-drones and dealing out heavy DPS and Drawing aggro away from everyone else...

I prefer a Flanking or Rear attack if possible so that someone ALWAYS has a Flanking shot when the enemies are facing towards me. I also keep moving, jumping, whatever to keep some distance as needed.

Point man should be a Tac officer with Fire Team Kit, the support group can be pretty much anything but Eng. & Sci work well. I prefer a Tac in the Back with the Squad Leader Kit... I run 2 Split Beam rifles and get critical hit damage in the 2700 range...

Of course this situation varies with different ground scenarios but that is the basic setup I've always used... I always get the aggro because of my high damage but I try to lead Elite Drones away from the rest of the battle so I can deal with them one on one.

I guess none of you players having troubles even bother to think about how a REAL Team Fights together...

It seems that the nauseating complaints about horrible PUG's are the fault of Socially Dysfunctional Players and not the Fault of the Missions Themselves.

So what is the Answer? To Seek Out New Life (friends) and Boldly Go Where No PUG Has managed to survive. There are plenty of people and Fleets that run STF's on a regular Basis and being socially active and connected will Vastly Improve the Odds that You can be part of a Good Team...

Make an effort to find good players and Fleets or groups and think about what your place in a team should be & what you need to bring along "just in case". Don't show up with small hypos and expect to live... Be Prepared. Load Up for a Big Bear Hunt. Go do Cold Call and get some Cryo Grenades... Have Good equipment and know how to use and carry Multiple Kits.

STF's are Supposed to Be Challenging and if you are having trouble then there are some issues that players will have to address... Maybe you need a different ship altogether or just need to change a few things around... If you don't properly prepare for what is ahead then I have Zero Pity for your troubles and laugh at your apparent misery... If You Are Unwilling to to do these things then I See Great Failure Ahead for You.

Many Posts in this Thread have offered very Helpful advice... but the Protesting Players seem like Bare-foot Children Stepping on Sand-spurs and Cursing God, while refusing to wear shoes....

Wake-Up...
I do all that cus is the basics for any instance mechanics around,and even doing that some times is just too hard for what is worth.
I agree that some times players simple want`s to crush all in the way and don`t want do some plan for each pull,but the STF needs a tune,reducing mobs stats in some way,a 5 man must be a reasonable fast pacing fun experience,not a 2 hours torture.
Infected is ok,i manage to beat in more or less 50 min with a good PUG group,so the fact of a be a pug is no excuse to a fail.
Lt. Commander
# 73
12-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Cryo grenades will put the Kibosh on those running Borg... be prepared to win or you will lose...
Lt. Commander
# 74
12-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montenegro
I do all that cus is the basics for any instance mechanics around,and even doing that some times is just too hard for what is worth.
I agree that some times players simple want`s to crush all in the way and don`t want do some plan for each pull,but the STF needs a tune,reducing mobs stats in some way,a 5 man must be a reasonable fast pacing fun experience,not a 2 hours torture.
Infected is ok,i manage to beat in more or less 50 min with a good PUG group,so the fact of a be a pug is no excuse to a fail.
Yes, Infected is reasonably PUG-able with 1 or 2 people who know the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 75
12-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Accidents and one-shots happen to every player sometimes. I make mistakes occasionally... I accidently backed up too far at the end of KA ground while fighting the Boss and aggroed a bunch of borg and we got wiped out. We had to fight our way all the way back from the beginning through groups we had previously avoided. It was a giant pain and I felt like I had really let my teamates down with a dumb move.

These things happen to almost everyone... it is an integral part of the mission. We as players must learn to adapt and overcome the obstacles presented to us. Some of us actually figured out our own strategies for these difficult tasks and we have endeavored to share them with the community at large.

Now we are vilified by players that lack the ability to solve their own difficulties and resort to asking for changes to missions that function as intended.

I am starting to regret that any of us ever shared any of the Tactics we use to make it through these missions...

Players should have been forced to do the hard work of actually thinking for themselves and finding their own ways to get through these missions.

I guess the cat is out of the bag now for a long time and cannot be changed at this point.

I've always tried to be helpful but People never appreciate things they get for nothing and methods of dealing with STF problems are no different.

Spare the Rod & Spoil the Child is a very appropriate saying and the Rod has been painfully absent until the Cure and KA. If I cried or interfered when i got whipped as a Kid I got more licks... but I suppose not many here could appreciate that experience.

Perhaps that is the problem. STO is a perfectly painless experience for 98% of the game.. and just like Real Life when the going gets tough - if you can't get going you are left behind. Sounds like a bunch of children left crying on the side of the road because they did not want to get in the car, even though the Car was going to get some Ice Cream Treats.

I always endeavored to educate myself and learn the things I thought that I needed to succeed, but I guess that kind of thinking is as Alien as an Undine these days...

Perhaps some of the players having troubles will find some helpful advice here on the forums. There is a search function that will actually work if you try something that makes sense, but I suppose that would be asking too much of people that are unwilling or un-able to help themselves in any manner whatsoever...

I have always been willing to help people that actually need it in Real Life as well as in the gaming community and try to set a good example for others to follow, but I find myself regretting helping Some People because it teaches them that everything can be easy and thinking for yourself is not required.

It is unfortunate that we lack the ability to Socially Shame players that exhibit childish behavior, for fear of Infractions. I have found Social Sanctions the only real way to punish bad behavior in Real Life outside of the legal system & We as players do not have much of a chance to do this other than to ignore people or behaviors we disagree with.

I truly have no animosity towards anyone and would like them to have a better gaming experience, but too much help only encourages the lack of player growth and abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 76
01-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Just ran KA with fleet mates the other night. Only one on the team had run it before. It was fun. No real problems. We didn't see anything that needed to be changed, and found it to be a challenge. One thing that several of us had done was to read up or find a walk through on YouTube. After that it was just a matter of team work.
Lt. Commander
# 77
01-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Excellent CrustyMac... we've been needing some positive comments around here lately... congrats on finding some good players willing to find out what is going on before jumping into the fire.