Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP queue harrassment?
12-22-2010, 01:33 AM
This has happened to me 3 times so far, with no cause or reason:

I'm in the middle of space or on some distant spacestation, I get a random PvP invite, everyone bails and I'm left in charge of an empty match.

And here's the worst offense so far:

Unwanted match invitation
As you can clearly see, it came at the worst possible time (that's a Cure shield we're trying to deactivate!) and the result.

I conferred with my squadmates and they all recieved the invite too.

Recieving these invites when you're doing nothing is one thing, but in the middle of a STF is just plain bad manners.

And my squadmates also said they have recieved lots of similar invites/ditches in the past few days.

I'm aware there's an option to "opt out of pvp" in the works, but maybe they need to expedite that in light of this new form of harrassment.

Or disable the ability to invite someone to pvp.

Either way, the system is being abused and controls are clearly needed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-22-2010, 01:51 AM
Looks more like a bug than harassment.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Its been happening off and on for a while now. Press NO and move on.
Or the Dev's need to make a toggled decline feature that can be switched on.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-22-2010, 11:20 AM
I can see the need for an option to disable invites, it could be really anoying if you are busy with something.

I did, however, just used the challenge option to have a Klingon vs Fed 1-1 from sector space and we had a great time playing a small best of 3 game between us.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I've had this done to me as well, I accepted a pvp invite, only to find myself alone on a ground map. I press no to all invites now, because i have no idea when I'm invited if it''s for space or ground pvp. & the people greifing you aren't going to tell you the truth when you ask.
Any chance you could fix the invites to let us know what we are being invited to Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-22-2010, 04:56 PM
If you want to automatically ignore random challenges, open your Social Menu (O key), click on Privacy Settings, and turn on the "Allow only friends and fleet to issue challenges" option.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farktoid5000
If you want to automatically ignore random challenges, open your Social Menu (O key), click on Privacy Settings, and turn on the "Allow only friends and fleet to issue challenges" option.
Like the new signature picture. Who is the opening act?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-23-2010, 01:43 AM
Wouldn't mind an option to block Fleet invites as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-23-2010, 05:17 AM
Thank you Farktoid.

I will definitely enable that feature.

It's not that I mind the invites, it would just be common courtesy to ask first instead of shooting random invites from the hip like a cowboy (you get a cookie if you know the quote I'm paraphrasing).
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
This has happened to me 3 times so far, with no cause or reason:

I'm in the middle of space or on some distant spacestation, I get a random PvP invite, everyone bails and I'm left in charge of an empty match.

And here's the worst offense so far:

Unwanted match invitation
As you can clearly see, it came at the worst possible time (that's a Cure shield we're trying to deactivate!) and the result.

I conferred with my squadmates and they all recieved the invite too.

Recieving these invites when you're doing nothing is one thing, but in the middle of a STF is just plain bad manners.

And my squadmates also said they have recieved lots of similar invites/ditches in the past few days.

I'm aware there's an option to "opt out of pvp" in the works, but maybe they need to expedite that in light of this new form of harrassment.

Or disable the ability to invite someone to pvp.

Either way, the system is being abused and controls are clearly needed.
You are over reacting to something that you could have blocked in the begging. Nothing then i hate more is someone who over uses the Harassment call to fix a miner issue in the game if any at all. i mean whats next saying it harassment when you get ice gernaded in starbase or tribble petting?