Lt. Commander
# 31
03-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul
It's why I avoid the forums - any WoW related forums - like the plague unless absolutely necessary.
Forums and zone chats (especially Barrens chat)
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Man, this reminds me of a couple years back. When my friends and I would meet for our weekly tabletop game I'd always be the first to the place we were holding it, one of the guy's house. And we'd be there for a couple hours and one day he offered me one of his char slots to try WoW with. So I did...did this for a few weeks. Never could get into the game...and never understood the draw of it. And now, another friend that I know from a Forum RPG, says she's getting tired of WoW due to what they did to the healers.

Now, glad I never picked it up.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Forums and zone chats (especially Barrens chat)
Northern or Southern Barrens? We got two zones there now, y'know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Karrde
And now, another friend that I know from a Forum RPG, says she's getting tired of WoW due to what they did to the healers.
Yeah, healing blows goats now - unless you're lucky enough to get a helluva lot of good gear to counter the immense mana-suckage of healing even normal-mode instances at 85.

<Joshmaul notices everyone looking funny at him.>

What? Yeah, I'm a ******** junkie, so sue me, okay?
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I spent some time on WoW. A lot of time in fact. It's extremely addictive.... whoever starts to play it: be careful please.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
The setting had so much potential. A racist but honorable Alliance, barbaric orcs trying to become civilized, arcane magic corrupting people, evil elves addicted to demonic energy, witch hunts against warlocks and necromancers, religious zealots doing wrong things for the right reasons, political tension between two Human splinter-states ...

And then the fluff was gradually turned from being a believable world with many shades of grey into a motley candyland of black-vs-white, where no one seems to care that your holy hero hangs around with undead and demon cultists, or that the furries who used to eat people a year ago are now suddenly welcome in the midst of the capital city, or that both elven factions turn more and more into "humans with long ears" instead of preserving their distinctive cultural features. And why?

Because of "fun". Because the majority of players doesn't care for the story, they just think it's lulzy that they can now play a "holy cow" or a gnome priest, regardless of the cultural backgrounds being utterly incompatible with such professions. It's the typical MMO illness, though, and one that seems to blossom in STO as well. A coherent setting gets ripped apart because too many players want too many things and do not care how well it fits in with the rest.
Huh...that does sound familiar....

Seems to be an illness that affects MMOs tied to major IPs. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually you could play a Cylon on the side of the humans in the BSG MMO (note: haven't seen the whole series yet, so forgive me if that actually happens ), or be a Sith warrior fighting for the Republic in SWTOR (though as big as BW is on story, I don't see that happening).
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Shall I prep my "Pon Farr Tribbles? I can set them on "Klingon Female" mode for better results.