Lt. Commander
# 1 Patches
12-23-2010, 12:31 AM
It seems like every single day I log on to this game there is a different patch. A little fustrating. Not that speed of download is an issue for me it is starting to fustrate me!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dax View Post
It seems like every single day I log on to this game there is a different patch. A little fustrating. Not that speed of download is an issue for me it is starting to fustrate me!
Patches always trump bugs. I would rather wait for a patch that kills a couple of bugs, than have no patches at all.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Usually when a new season is released the first few weeks after launch include weekly patches, and a supplement to that patch the next day.

This is what is happening theese days... Season 3 was launched and now patches are released to fix minor bugs that weren't caught in testing (Such as the Deferi mission you couldn complete), as well as adding stuff that was originally intented to be in the major patch (Aegis and Borg sets).
Theese patches are usually around 150mb - 2gb

NOW: Some people expirience that their launcher "downloads" a patch each time they logon, yet it dosent really happen. This patch is usually around 75 -80 mb.

Wich one applies to you?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-24-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dax View Post
This crap blows my mind every time I see it. These forums are ablaze just about every day with people freaking out about bugs, crying about the game being launched unfinished, klingons need more stuff, oh how there's nothing to do in the end game.

Just when you think you've heard all there is to complain about content, someone goes and complains that to much is being added.

What do you think the suicide rate is for people on staff the have to read this crap every day?
Lt. Commander
# 5 Patches
12-24-2010, 11:22 AM
They always make me think of the song by Clarence Carter.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-24-2010, 11:36 AM
And now, a Clarence Carter classic requested by John0901, WSTO is your random thing of the day station...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_LQ4...eature=related

funny thing is I had just heard it for the 1st time in ages yesterday 8')