Lt. Commander
# 11
12-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari

Edit: P.S. Are the colors on TMP unis locked in or can they be fully changed/customized? For example could I have a black and green outfit?
You can change all the colors.

Grt Mike
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Ah the "KDF Death Star" has been released.

......seriously haha why do we have a ship with the Death Star's super laser?

And motion picture uniform is sick! Too bad the actual cast hated them lol!

EDIT: Hehe I know's it's not a one-shot like the Death Star, but just the way the beam is configured is very similar haha
Lt. Commander
# 13 Guramba ship Question
12-23-2010, 12:43 PM
GM's is the Guramba offered in game as well like the other new KDF ships were or is it C-store only? I have been looking forward to getting this ship however if its C-store only i may be out of luck for a while. I really love this ship I worked with it on tribble so I hope its available in game as well as C-store. You made the last installment of KDF ship available in game So please do the same with this one.

Link to the news article.[/quote]
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire30
GM's is the Guramba offered in game as well like the other new KDF ships were or is it C-store only? I have been looking forward to getting this ship however if its C-store only i may be out of luck for a while. I really love this ship I worked with it on tribble so I hope its available in game as well as C-store. You made the last installment of KDF ship available in game So please do the same with this one.

Link to the news article.
[/quote]

I'm so for being able to purchase ingame too.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Hint: Its 2,000CP like the Galaxy X

It has a super laser like the Galaxy X

Galaxy X isn't available via ingame methods.

So I wouldn't expect the Garumba to be, either.

Klingons want to be equal to Feds. That must include having a super-expensive ship on the C-Store

Be careful what you ask for.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Klingons want to be equal to Feds. That must include having a super-expensive ship on the C-Store
All well and good, but then I hope the devs make getting an "upgrade" raptor for KDF Raptor pilots their next priority, ahead of Vulcan and Andorian ships. Raptor pilots are currently the only ship category without that upgrade available to them. Those that don't wish to purchase something from the C-store, especially something that pricey deserve something to look forward to as well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:

that would mean i get it for free because i refered 5 friends ?
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
that would mean i get it for free because i refered 5 friends ?
Refer 5 more and I am sure Cryptic will work with you
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:

As far as I'm concerned both ships can sit in the C-Store and rot or gather dust, whatever they do in that pit of misery. I like Cryptic, I really do. And I understand that inflation has risen but subscription prices to MMO's have remained relatively stagnant. But nickel and dimeing us with Cash Shop stuff rubs me -entirely- the wrong way. I am for Fed and KDF equality. If that means we both have ships in the C-Store that I equally don't want to pay for, that's fine by me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKatrina View Post
As far as I'm concerned both ships can sit in the C-Store and rot or gather dust, whatever they do in that pit of misery. I like Cryptic, I really do. And I understand that inflation has risen but subscription prices to MMO's have remained relatively stagnant. But nickel and dimeing us with Cash Shop stuff rubs me -entirely- the wrong way. I am for Fed and KDF equality. If that means we both have ships in the C-Store that I equally don't want to pay for, that's fine by me.

Well, I think the old bit about the "cash store" is pretty old and tired at this point - All games make you pay for premium content, some don't do it very MUCH, but they all do it. (this isn't as bad as the expensive Sparkle-pony in WoW, or the 15 dollar mini-pets, for example)

I agree about the Galaxy-X and this new ship though - they are too expensive for my tastes. But I am sure quite a few people will be fine with it and buy it.

It would NOT have been fair to give the KDF their version of the Galaxy-X and have it be cheaper, or available in game. Especially since its a better ship than the Galaxy-X to boot.

Add that tot he fac tthat they really did a lot of extra work on this ship with the model and animations and beam effects, and I can understand them recouping their development costs on it.

We KNOW the C-Store funds the development of these sort of "premium" items - and if they sunk more cost into this ship, its going to be more expensive.

I understand that some people were anticipating the ship and the shock of the price has upset you. But objectively, it makes a lot of sense as a "Galaxy X" counterpart. Perhaps making it a choice for the referrers (either the X or the Guramba) would round things out nicely, but there is little room left for justifiable anger as is.