Lt. Commander
# 21
12-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warguppy View Post
The most recently released Klingon ships are, so my point is not moot. (insert smug, obnoxious emote here).
The T5 Klinks ships are available for free with a VA token. You don't have to pay anything for them. But ships you can't get for free cost money. The Nebula is the only exception to that as it has an Emblem and C-Store value, but you can't get it for free with a Token. Every other ship must be purchased.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
You should take a course in logic. In lieu of that, here is an example of your faulty thought process:

If all ships are obtainable, but not all ships are free, then not all obtainable ships are free.

The T5 excelsior refit is not free for the feds. Neither is the galaxy-x (if you consider the cost of those you recruited to gain access to it.)

Sorry, dude. It was bound to happen to the klinks at some point. But hey, you just got a ship that's better than the galaxy-x in your c-store!
lol again... lol
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
As I said before, previous practice regarding the Klingon ships recently released made the expectation these would be available that way as well a valid point and so yes it is deceptive. If one changes the rules at every turn it is deceptive whether they post those rules or not.
But they never said they would take emblems. You just assumed that. And sorry, that won't cut it.

You can't call a company deceptive just because they use to take Visa and then decided one day not to.

Edit: I'm going to go ahead bail on this thread. I can already see the two camps forming and the flame war starting.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Can you get the Galaxy X with Emblems? If not his point that all other ship are available with Emblems is incorrect. In fact only 1 ship in the game is available with Emblems: Nebula. Excelsior is not. NX is not. TOS Constitution is not. Galaxy X is not. And so on.
You must be a Fed-only player, then, as you did not mention any of the new KDF ships. They are all the same as the Nebula. I don't count the NX and TOS Connie in this debate as they are both T0 ships. And I also noticed that you conveniently forgot the Defiant, Galaxy, and Intrepid refits. Shame on you for leaving out like six ships that CAN be purchased with emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
The fact that the other ships are available with emblems/tokens says it is deceptive. Making the other ships that way set a precedent of expectation that is not at all unreasonable in this case. So yes, it is deceptive.
No, its not. Before I say anything more, let me say that I do agree this ship should be available in the game through other means. But now that I've said that, you apparently have no idea what the word "deceptive" means. Just because something is one way doesnt mean everything else will be, and thats not "deception" its reality. If you had just made a thread requesting this ship be purchasable in game, I would have supported you. But because you choose to be so ridiculous about it, I dont.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
You must be a Fed-only player, then, as you did not mention any of the new KDF ships. They are all the same as the Nebula.
As I mentioned above, those ships are all T5 and available for free in game with a VA Token. That's no different then the Fed Retrofits. That has nothing to do with new, unique, ships, though.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-23-2010, 01:10 PM
You have got to be kidding me.

We have been waiting for this since August when it was first mentioned they were working on Nausicaan/Orion/Gorn ships. Those three have always been mentioned together, there was no reason to assume that the Nausicaan ship would have to be acquired by different means or even only through the C-store. Then we get told the Nausicaan ship has to be delayed to make it "better", and we were cool with that.
But this is not cool anymore.

If we don't get an option to get it by in-game means, I'll be seriously disappointed. No, I will be ****ed to all hell.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
As I mentioned above, those ships are all T5 and available for free in game with a VA Token. That's no different then the Fed Retrofits. That has nothing to do with new, unique, ships, though.
So...you're saying that the Gorn and Orion ships aren't "new and unique"? Could have fooled me.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
How can it be deceptive marketing when it was never stated that the new ship would be available for Emblems? People can't take their assumptions and make them facts. If you have a Dev statement saying the new ship will be available for Emblems that's one thing. Assuming it will be is all on you.
people have already stated while chatting with Dan, he mentioned theyd be able to get it in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Although I didn't find it deceptive I did find it disappointing.

This only reinforces the naysayers everywhere in the thought that cryptic is just milking the franchise with ridiculous C-store items. I had thought that they were getting away from making end game ships C-store specific with the last several ships released being both available in the C-store or for emblems or tokens.

This wasn't deceptive since cryptic never said this was going to be available ingame without the C-store purchase but it was disappointing. They seemed to be making a trend of making high tier ships available though other means then another fair amount of money and 25 bucks for a ship in a game already lacking variety is too much. Whoever in marketing made this decision really needs to look at weather the immediate profits or their companies reputation is more important in the long run.