Lt. Commander
Just what the title says. I think it would be cool if we could have a slot we could designate for use on active mission away teams. Often times, especially in the movies, an away team would beam down in some kind of coat/protective gear that covered their normal duty uniform, such as in Star Trek the Motion Picture, or Star Trek II, Star Trek III and Star Trek V when the away teams used excursion jackets.

This would also allow cryptic to add things like those jackets to the game, without having our officers standing around on the bridge in huge coats and such. The same mechanism could probably also be used for auto equipping things like environment suits should they ever be added.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Last I heard Cryptic was working on EV Suits and other types of things for Away-Missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-24-2010, 07:55 AM
I have no objection to more costumes BUT I do have an issue w/ restricting those options to a specific slot designation. Cryptic doesn't need to come up w/ a whole new exclusive costume slot in order to come up w/ new costumes. As it is, I feel that costume restriction is unnecessary. We should be able to mix and match pats as we see fit and use them when ever we see fit. I especially feel this way about purchased slots and purchased costume parts.

I do think that our BOFFs could benefit from more costume slots but again, I don't think that those slots should have restrictions as to what can be used in them.