Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
the Galaxy-X pricetag was only accepted as so high because people understood that Cryptic wanted to keep the benefit of the RAF program high enough to participate. (how did that work out btw.? anybody still tryig to get REF keys out there?)

Also as i said, the Excelsior and Galaxy-X are iconic canon Star Trek Ships that every Trek Nerd would sell his Grandmother for.

What is the Guramba thingy? another random non-canon bunch of polygons and textures.

Also why would i shell out 2000 CP for a Ship if i dont even know if i will like it?
What if it sux? I can't even test drive the stupid thing!

...this all is highly illogical and nothing but greedy.

And yet one more reason NOT to play Klingon side, at least not as a Nausicaan.
It was 'test-drivable' on Tribble (for free) for a coiuple of weeks. In fact, that's where the final tweaking of its abilities came from, based on the feedback there.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-23-2010, 02:21 PM
2000 Cpoints?!? And no in-game method of obtaining it...

Wow... I have to say I'm quite disgusted.

Yet another Cstore product that costs 2.5x the price of the retail Collector's Edition of the game itself, in the USA. I guess I won't be getting this ship afterrall, despite my long time excitement over it's coming.

Sounds like you're bean counters need a punch in the face, Cryptic. Seriously. If you want to keep up BS prices like this, then you need to drop the subscription fees, because this is getting out of hand.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Hey gang,

I just wanted to let you all know that I've already started to work on trying to get this into the referral program as well. I'm not meeting much resistance to this, but I've really just started, and I need to get some more backing. I'll make sure to update you all on how that's going after the Winter Break.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-23-2010, 02:28 PM
by the way guys, its still on tribble if you want to test it

no idea how long it will stay there for though.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hey gang,

I just wanted to let you all know that I've already started to work on trying to get this into the referral program as well. I'm not meeting much resistance to this, but I've really just started, and I need to get some more backing. I'll make sure to update you all on how that's going after the Winter Break.

Thanks,

Stormshade
go get em tiger....err dog.
Lt. Commander
# 16 Are you f'ing kidding me?
12-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Hey Cryptic Greedy Much?

While everyone's jumping on the "It's the klingon Galaxy-X equivalent" bandwagon, I'll pass on yet another money grab which is sad because I leveled a klink just for this ship and I've bought every other c-store release but $25 2 days before Christmas is the straw that breaks this camels back.

BTW wasn't this supposed to be a T4 ship or did they change that when they decided it was a $25 ship.

Very disappointed and disheartened by the Ebenezer move they pulled here.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Honestly, in the referral program or not doesn't matter, Klingons were promised a more fleshed out faction nearly a year ago now... we have to buy starship variants/skins and now we have to pay to have new ships as well. More than a little disgusted on this one. There is NO option for a tac ship other than the raptor at LG.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-23-2010, 02:56 PM
I don't mind the pricing at all... Granted it would've been nice to have an ingame means of acquiring it like the other "new" KDF ships.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igax View Post
Honestly, in the referral program or not doesn't matter, Klingons were promised a more fleshed out faction nearly a year ago now... we have to buy starship variants/skins and now we have to pay to have new ships as well. More than a little disgusted on this one. There is NO option for a tac ship other than the raptor at LG.
Actually, I would say that a bird of prey works far better for a tac captain than a raptor. A raptor with a tac captain is too squishy, a bop on the other hand is/can be made fairly survivable.

However, as to your main point, whether you like it or not, the faction IS being fleshed out, and a LOT of work is being done on Klingons, AND HAS BEEN DONE, and if you can't see this, then you're purposely being obtuse because you're mad you don't get a new toy for free.

This item gives KDF parity to the galaxy-X in the store, just like the other 3 ships gave parity vs. Fed's retrofits.

While you could argue that we need more skins options now, we don't, actually, need more ships at VA than the ones we have right now. I won't object to more ships mind you, but then I won't object to more RA/VA ships in the fed side either
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701

Wait, lemme guess.. you wanna be equal in all ways except the C-Store prices?

Nope I'm willing to be equal in this way too. Just kinda sucks they chose this type of equality first rather then game play equality. I will buy this ship. But with the revenue, from all who do, I hope too see equality in game play stepped up even more. I have not been one to complain much about the state of the Klingons as I feel their current direction has been nice. And am thrilled to see Gozer back. However, I feel the purchase of a $25 ship for a still incomplete faction gives us even more of a voice in our fight for equality. So please cryptic, If we buy this ship, give us many more places to use it in.