Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
12-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hey gang,

I just wanted to let you all know that I've already started to work on trying to get this into the referral program as well. I'm not meeting much resistance to this, but I've really just started, and I need to get some more backing. I'll make sure to update you all on how that's going after the Winter Break.

Thanks,

Stormshade
All I can say is that if it's going to end up in the referral program it had better be retro active for those who have already recruited their five for the Galaxy X.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-23-2010, 05:39 PM
There's just no way I would dream of shelling out RL cash for a ship if I couldn't test drive it first. On top of that, for a subs based game to have a Cash Shop, it's just wrong. If I wanted a game that had a cash shop, I could play dozens of them for free and buy CS items only when I could afford them.

I already play 3 F2P games but if Cryptic are going to get greedy and require a sub and still expect me to pay RL money for OP items from the CS, I'll just go back to playing my F2P games exclusively again. They will completely screw this game totally if they start making it pay2win via the CS. You already have extra Boff slots from the CS so you can rotate your crew for the required buffs for the job, that already gives CS buyers an advantage. As well as that, you have CS pets that give buffs so it's, becoming Pay2Win already. If there was some way to get those items in game, it wouldn't be so bad, at least players who don't have the spare cash can still get them, the CS just takes away the grind for them.

Offer them in-game with a CS shortcut by all means but not exclusively from the CS, that's just sheer profiteering.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikoy
Nope I'm willing to be equal in this way too. Just kinda sucks they chose this type of equality first rather then game play equality. I will buy this ship. But with the revenue, from all who do, I hope too see equality in game play stepped up even more. I have not been one to complain much about the state of the Klingons as I feel their current direction has been nice. And am thrilled to see Gozer back. However, I feel the purchase of a $25 ship for a still incomplete faction gives us even more of a voice in our fight for equality. So please cryptic, If we buy this ship, give us many more places to use it in.
All you'll be saying if you buy it is that they can soak $25 out of you without applying any additional effort to fix the KDF side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolderine
There's just no way I would dream of shelling out RL cash for a ship if I couldn't test drive it first. On top of that, for a subs based game to have a Cash Shop, it's just wrong. If I wanted a game that had a cash shop, I could play dozens of them for free and buy CS items only when I could afford them.
This is exactly what Cryptic said it wouldn't do when the game was launching and selling LTS's.

And it's exactly what they're doing now.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
2000 Cpoints?!? And no in-game method of obtaining it...

Wow... I have to say I'm quite disgusted.

Yet another Cstore product that costs 2.5x the price of the retail Collector's Edition of the game itself, in the USA.
agreed
I thought they got the part about "obtainable ingame AND C-Store" a while back when its up to ships but oh well..
I mean 2000 CP for a SHIP inside a whole game is not overpriced its WAAAAAAY OVERPRICED imo.

I can buy a full game for less but I guess they would sell a bread for 20 bucks too if they could....

anyway happy Xmas to all fellow players
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-24-2010, 04:07 AM
<Begin Rant>
For all those people who are complaining about not being able to test drive it first, the ship was available FREE on Tribble to test for around a week. If you don't play Tribble then thats YOUR problem, Cryptic aren't required to let you test it. Would also like to point out that the C-Store is optional and that nobody ever said that the ship would be provided for ingame items at any point, allot of people seemed to get the idea that because Cryptic started doing it with every other ship they created that this one would get it too, and people need to elarn not to assume anything before info is given.

In regards to pricing, remember this is supposed to offset the Gal X (which has also been pointed out often) and that this game (no matter what way you look at it) is also here to make a profit. Welcome to Capatalism.
</End Rant>

@Stormshade
Cheers for starting trying to get it into the refer a friend programme
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-24-2010, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
yeah i've seen that.

and i wanted to beat the guy in the face for that line.

DS9 was a great show !!!

and we did not realy support ENTERPRISE or that awfull JJ Movie.... eh?
i loved Ds9 as well, it was my favourite out of all of the series..

you guys realize of course, that this ship in the c-store is only a precursor to whats going to be repeated with the Vulcan and Andorian ships coming out this season.

good going cryptic, you're on a Weiner.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK-187
i loved Ds9 as well, it was my favourite out of all of the series..

you guys realize of course, that this ship in the c-store is only a precursor to whats going to be repeated with the Vulcan and Andorian ships coming out this season.

good going cryptic, you're on a Weiner.
Of course we do and anyone that didn't see the thin end of the wedge is legally blind. This isn't a precursor either, the precursor was either the galaxy x or the per-character crap they pulled earlier.

This "anything for a buck" ethos that Cryptic uses is disappointing to say the least.
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolderine

I already play 3 F2P games but if Cryptic are going to get greedy and require a sub and still expect me to pay RL money for OP items from the CS, I'll just go back to playing my F2P games exclusively again. They will completely screw this game totally if they start making it pay2win via the CS. You already have extra Boff slots from the CS so you can rotate your crew for the required buffs for the job, that already gives CS buyers an advantage. As well as that, you have CS pets that give buffs so it's, becoming Pay2Win already. If there was some way to get those items in game, it wouldn't be so bad, at least players who don't have the spare cash can still get them, the CS just takes away the grind for them.

Offer them in-game with a CS shortcut by all means but not exclusively from the CS, that's just sheer profiteering.
Agreed 100%. We're already paying $15 a month for this game, and as someone who has been a dev on an online game, I can't begin to see how charging $25 for one ship could possibly be justified by any development that thing took.

We are being fleeced, pure and simple. Quite frankly, from what I've seen so far this whole game is essentially Starfleet Command 3 with better graphics and online chat. I'm already wavering on whether it's even worth paying $15 a month for, and now they're charging outrageous amounts for things that really should be free.

And before anyone says 'oh, but they don't charge for expansions,' stop and take a look at it. First off, I'd rather they charged for expansion content than for content that is, when you get down to it, purely cosmetic. Second, has there actually been any new content in these so-called expansions? A few buggy dailies, some set items that take a whole day to collect? Honestly, that's less content than one would expect from a typical routine patch on most other MMOs.

So to Cryptic: stop charging ridiculous prices for ridiculous e-merchandise, start working on actually improving the core game before we all decide it's not even worth the sub fee. Unless that's your strategy in the first place- to just make as much off it as you possibly can before it goes defunct (boy, am I glad I'm not a lifetime sub!).
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rianine View Post
We are being fleeced, pure and simple.
Absolutely.
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Let me put it simple and striaght for thoes of you that are too blinded by your ranting:

Cryptic makes money off the C-Store... This money is used to pay the artisted for overtime and side projects such as this ship and future/past bonus items. All of the purchases we have made previous to this ship funded the creation for it.

If you support the game then you will pay whats on the pricetag or you dont. This is not like the montly sub fee is being raised to $25. C-Items are not required to play the game. All game quests and locations are/will be accessable to every subscriber reguardless of what they buy from the C-Store.

It's apparent that the dev's have worked hard on this ship to present to you for the holidays. If they make it a RAF ship then they ought to take it off the C-Store altogether. I got the Galaxy-X the real way and it really hacked me off when they put it on the C-Store. Cryptic isnt "greedy," you all are "greedy" about "shelling" out money that supports the game. You're very fortunate to get new ships at all.

Cryptic provides what they said they would: New Episodes, New Seasonal Updates, Tweaking the Klinks, A Player Content Creation Tool (Foundry), And there will be another playable race in the future. They have provided all of this so far. The extra uniforms and ships on the C-Store are the same as buying a Collector's Edition (which is not necessary to play), or a LTS (to get the perks). Its just another way for some people to get toys they want.

The only apauling thing about this topic is the origional rant, who's author appears to have been banned from the forums (ROFL), and the unappreciatlve attitudes of some of the posters here who believe they are entitled or owed certain amminities.

Lastly and most importantly... You get what you pay for. Cryptic like any game company is a business and money dosent grow on trees for them either. Cryptic is not huge like Blizzard, so they cant affored to put out expansion after expansion and loads of content off of the millions of subs they have to fuel their expenses. I would have thought that such an enlightened community would have realized this and encouraged more ways to support their game while getting rewards in return (C-Store).

I'd personally like to thank the Cryptic Dev Team for working during the holliday season to still put out content for us and this ship for the holidays. They made a ship to mirror the Fed's Galaxy-X so you all should be appreciating it. It seems there are alot of Bah-Humbugs in this game.