Lt. Commander
# 11
12-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelGarrett View Post
Hi everybody,

I've been reading through the comments on my mission "The Longing"*. Many of you have pointed out, that grammar and spelling are a bit bumpy. The problem is, I'm no native speaker and I did the best I could in order to fix English errors, by copying the whole mission text to Word and doing a grammar and spell check there.

However, Word is not perfect and still many reviewers point me to the dialog. Since I am at a dead end and want to fix the mission, so players may enjoy it without being molested by nasty language glitches, I ask for your help.

You can browse a complete transcript of the mission here. If you have a STOwiki account, please leave corrections on the discussion page, if you don't please leave corrections in this thread. Obviously, I would encourage you to play the mission first, before you spoil yourself by reading the transcript.

Thank you very much and have a nice Christmas,
Rachel

*Thanks a lot for the great reception.
Hey

My mission was also on Stoked , my too needs alot better dialogue , but lets not forget this is a test server , everything will soon be wiped too, i hope they do end up transfering them to holodeck!

Anyways loved your mission , i tried asking here for feedback but got the forum police on my back for making a post for this sort of thing lol.

Ill try to find time to play through yours again soon ok.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davejl_99 View Post
It was my pleasure. Anything I can do to help a fellow foundry author to produce a quality product.
Amazing help , if you ever have time please give my Circle of Deceit a once over lol , theres alot there to go through though!

Happy Xmas All!
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-24-2010, 02:55 PM
who can I check to get my missions on stoked? Loved the script, how did you do it?
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Email the show i suppose.
They ran a mini competetion thing and chose there favourite 3 missions.
Result is after xmas.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
Amazing help , if you ever have time please give my Circle of Deceit a once over lol , theres alot there to go through though!

Happy Xmas All!

Sure thing. I should have a few days next week.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
who can I check to get my missions on stoked? Loved the script, how did you do it?
stoked@jupiterbroadcasting.com

Quote:
My mission was also on Stoked , my too needs alot better dialogue , but lets not forget this is a test server , everything will soon be wiped too, i hope they do end up transfering them to holodeck!
I could not get past the ambient critter group on the planet, since one of them was friendly. So I could not kill the Selaths (or whatever) and the mission did not progress.

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-25-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelGarrett View Post
stoked@jupiterbroadcasting.com

I could not get past the ambient critter group on the planet, since one of them was friendly. So I could not kill the Selaths (or whatever) and the mission did not progress.

Regards,
Rachel
I am looking forward to a chance to play your mission myself Rachel- its just a little too hard for me during the christmas break.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-25-2010, 08:04 AM
they made the script automatically or you had to do it using their site for the competition or whatever?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
they made the script automatically or you had to do it using their site for the competition or whatever?
I'm not sure, I know what you are asking. If you want the guys to feature your mission, write them an email and kindly ask them to consider it.

No guarantees there. I occasionally mail them stuff (news bits, video links, wiki articles...), not everything makes an appearance on the show. I think it is a testimony, that they do not broadcast or discuss just about anything they are fed by the community, because that means they are most likely not going to repeat everything that they are fed by Cryptic.

The same is true for Brandon and Mark at Priority One. They also make a really great show. They have a dedicated show segment on UGC mission, so maybe your chances are even better with them. Again, no guarantees.

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-26-2010, 06:28 AM
i mean the lay out on the link you listed, who put it in that format?