Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
I go there a few times to avoid the drama, flaming and complaints that sometimes fills the zone chat. It's so nice and quiet there although I have a feeling it will change when more and more people hit the 400 day veteran mark.
Put it this way, if some of us reached the 400day mark, chances are that we're level-headed people who don't do that kind of drama, flaming and complaints
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Its funny because the first people to hit the 400 day mark will be lifetimers because they got billed before everyone else who has subs did.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-24-2010, 06:55 AM
I did keep checking back to see if had been changed, but it hadn't since release so I gave up, good to see them doing it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
12-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
Put it this way, if some of us reached the 400day mark, chances are that we're level-headed people who don't do that kind of drama, flaming and complaints
Hehe, almost as funny as the premise of it being calmer because of it only being lifers .

Mostly, it's calm and peaceful because no one goes there, so the great inverse relationship of intelligence to the size of an internet population doesn't take hold .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Well the problem is that its out of the way, you have to fly past ESD to get there and when you do get there you could of done everything on ESD anyway (and more). To give a reason to go there would require them adding the exact same features or more than ESD and making it accessible via Sector space (the thing could be right next to the sol system).

But if they were to give more things to do at the Captains table, those who cannot access it will cry unfair advantage... Still the best looking station in game though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-24-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavrykDH View Post
Well the problem is that its out of the way, you have to fly past ESD to get there and when you do get there you could of done everything on ESD anyway (and more). To give a reason to go there would require them adding the exact same features or more than ESD and making it accessible via Sector space (the thing could be right next to the sol system).

But if they were to give more things to do at the Captains table, those who cannot access it will cry unfair advantage... Still the best looking station in game though.
I've never been there (not a lifetimer) but surely having the same features as ESD is fair enough and if it has other features then dont tell us mere subscribers :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantinople999 View Post
I've never been there (not a lifetimer) but surely having the same features as ESD is fair enough and if it has other features then dont tell us mere subscribers :p
nothing there you cant get elsewhere. the only real difference is the view and the npc's you can see.
the rest is more or less the same with a different shell.

i have not been there on a coons age really.

what they should do, is place a connection point to the cpts table in each large sector of space since it appears as a wormhole (sorta) near ESD anyway. so why not several wormholes in other locations in space to go there?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
12-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
what they should do, is place a connection point to the cpts table in each large sector of space since it appears as a wormhole (sorta) near ESD anyway. so why not several wormholes in other locations in space to go there?
Since it's actually a place out of time rather then out of space it should just be a button you can mount on your ship tray like Transwarp that allows you to go there from anywhere.

As for the Romulans comment, Dan let slip in an interview that Series 3 would be based on the Contagion episode of TNG. That means Feds and Klinks against Roms involving Iconians in some way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
12-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Since it's actually a place out of time rather then out of space it should just be a button you can mount on your ship tray like Transwarp that allows you to go there from anywhere.

As for the Romulans comment, Dan let slip in an interview that Series 3 would be based on the Contagion episode of TNG. That means Feds and Klinks against Roms involving Iconians in some way.
touche....

but i seem to be running out of room on my toolbars for all the neat little things they give us.

maybe a perma button on the map? (open map, see button, press, xwarp, arrive, have fun) maybe?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
12-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
but i seem to be running out of room on my toolbars for all the neat little things they give us.
I use a different tray for the less commonly chosen items and just turn to it as needed: Transwarp, 2 shuttle pets, Fireworks, etc. So I keep up trays 1 - 3 and then 4 has my vanity/fun items. I quick flip from 3 to 4 and they're at my beck and call.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 PM.