Lt. Commander
# 1 Warping out during arena pvp
12-24-2010, 03:50 AM
Children, stop it. I take my ass whippings as learning experiences. A "few" Captain rank Klingons (I havent noticed Feds) are doing this after a quick 0-4 beginning. A "this is BS" in zone chat then there is only 1 Klingon left apologizing for his being the only 1 left.

This sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-24-2010, 03:54 AM
Who cares. It's pug.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Are you asking me why I care?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-24-2010, 04:56 AM
Lol, its amazing how embittered some klinks feel when they get an unexpected ass-whooping.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Ive had Feds do that in pretty much every single Captain match.. They would go in, die once and leave the match..

Luckily Im VA with the latest toon as well now
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-24-2010, 03:36 PM
If someone isn't having fun, then they should leave. There is no expectation that they continue a 15-0 match, continue to die to a premade, or whatever else. It's certainly annoying when my premade encounters folk doing this, but I can't blame them. If I jump into a PUG and find a PvP fleet bringing their game then it's pointless to participate.

Similarly, if folk refuse to group, refuse to leave spawn, or begin suicide runs, I can't blame anyone for leaving either.

What PvP needs is a completely different incentive system for participation.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-24-2010, 03:50 PM
I would PVP with no incentive at all , In fact,I do every day.
I probably do 15-20 PVP matches A day, And get emblems for only the first 6.
And I'd do the same number of matches even if i got no emblems at all.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Klink tears are more powerful than Fed tears because of their inherent over poweredness and the general rarity of it. I think it's even funnier to make a Klink rage quit and I kind of wish you could earn an accolade from it.

Don't dilute yourself though, as if to think that it's a Klink problem. Feds do something similar and they do it much more frequently. The difference is that when they give up they generally stick around for the free emblem.

Over all though, if you queued up you stay for the match. Leaving the match is lame regardless of reason. Get over yourselves.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWRicheson View Post
If someone isn't having fun, then they should leave. There is no expectation that they continue a 15-0 match, continue to die to a premade, or whatever else. It's certainly annoying when my premade encounters folk doing this, but I can't blame them. If I jump into a PUG and find a PvP fleet bringing their game then it's pointless to participate.

Similarly, if folk refuse to group, refuse to leave spawn, or begin suicide runs, I can't blame anyone for leaving either.

What PvP needs is a completely different incentive system for participation.
Well..

When you que up for PvP, you risk being killed.. You risk being steamrolled.. You risk having crap teammates.. You risk facing a premade..

If someone cannot handle that, then they should.. like.. not que up.

I have no use on my team for someone, that is only there to beat up people even more nub than themselves.. Who will give up the instant they face a better player..

Indeed, if they continue to give up.. Then they will always be **** PvP players.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-24-2010, 06:54 PM
The game has no death penalty. There is no reason to quit.
If you can't take an @$$ whooping don't que up and stay under the porch.