Lt. Commander
# 1 Holo Emitter
12-24-2010, 07:27 AM
So I worked my butt of to get a holo emitter. I got the Model CH-12703 Space Transport one and equipped it up and used. So I am flying around in it looking all cool and stuff until 15 minutes later the time of use up. Now I know about this and I thought that I would just have some recharge time on but NO instead all that hard work for nothing because it just goes away. So I want to know why the heck we all get to keep something that sells for 20,000 energy credits for 15 minutes ? Maybe I will just get a trophy unless that too is going to go away.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the warning lol, I was about to buy one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-24-2010, 07:48 AM
This is the reason I haven't played Dabo much. I've played for about half an hour once to try it out. I have about 5k latinum. When I saw the cheapest holo was 20k, the cool ones were super expensive, and I had heard they only lasted 15min and went poof, I said "screw this".

Dabo is amusing for a few minutes every so often. But to earn one of the cool holos you'd need to spend DAYS playing it and then lose it in 15min. In no way is that even remotely worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-24-2010, 07:54 AM
After that I am no longer playing Dabo at all so Cryptic please fix this by making Holo Emitters be like the fireworks item
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg
After that I am no longer playing Dabo at all so Cryptic please fix this by making Holo Emitters be like the fireworks item
I was one of the people smart enough to read the description of the Holoemitters before I ever played Dabo. I've played too many other MMOs with boring vanity grinds not to have learned my lesson to look first.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-24-2010, 08:02 AM
I did read the thing but it did not say that after 15 minutes of use it would be gone
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg
I did read the thing but it did not say that after 15 minutes of use it would be gone
Want to bet me 20k EC it's not saying temporary in the INFO description?

Edit: Here's a pic of the description of one:
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...ic1one/GPL.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Yep, Holo emitters are as bad as all those engineering things and toys from the toyshop in WoW that go poof when you use them. 2000 gold for a train set or whatever? Tons of engineering parts for a fireworks launcher? Yeah I did that once and I was SO disgusted. They say they have a cooldown, but thats a cooldown before you can waste your money on the next one. lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Yep, Holo emitters are as bad as all those engineering things and toys from the toyshop in WoW that go poof when you use them. 2000 gold for a train set or whatever? Tons of engineering parts for a fireworks launcher? Yeah I did that once and I was SO disgusted. They say they have a cooldown, but thats a cooldown before you can waste your money on the next one. lol
I am in love with your Avatar. Do not ever change it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling

yeah, but at least the engineering items helped you skill up.