Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry questions
12-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Is there a way to change my character's rank and ship, etc for my Foundry character?

Also, is there a way to share a mission with a friend so they can test it before I publish it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
Is there a way to change my character's rank and ship, etc for my Foundry character?
only way is the long way: rank up. but be warned- it takes a while unless you go through the attack on vega colony tutorial again. however, you can work the system, and make things easier by equipping yourself with non- standard issue weapons through using dropped loot in map testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
Also, is there a way to share a mission with a friend so they can test it before I publish it?
nope. not yet. there is the future option of allowing people to import your unpublished mission for them to help work on with you and play test, but its not active yet
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Some more questions:
Is there a way to change the project name permanently? Every time I change it and save my project afterwards with the new name, it has the old name next time I'm starting the foundry again.
Is the number of maps I can make for one project limited to two maps? I could not save my project as soon as I added a third map.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaQ View Post
Some more questions:
Is there a way to change the project name permanently? Every time I change it and save my project afterwards with the new name, it has the old name next time I'm starting the foundry again.
Try to publish the project after you've changed its name. If this doesn't work then you're probably experiencing a bug. If the project has never been published, I think that's a bug as well!

Quote:
Is the number of maps I can make for one project limited to two maps? I could not save my project as soon as I added a third map.
No, that's definitely a bug, or you're doing something wrong, somehow...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks - I'll post whether that worked as soon as I 'll publish the project.

edit: Multiple maps are definitely possible. It was my fault - not at bug. I did not name the new map. As soon as I did so I could save the project.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Next question:
Is there a possibility to copy and paste a whole map or even the whole project? I found the options but they are grayed out.
I want to make an English and German version of the same story and don't want to design the same thing from the scratch only to change dialogs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Is there a possibility to copy and paste a whole map or even the whole project? I found the options but they are grayed out.
Not at this time and I'm really hoping these functions will be implemented before the system goes live on Holodeck!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2011, 10:51 AM
IMO these are basics so they really should.

I can think of a lot more cool functions like beaming NPC in and out, or changing hostile NPCs to friendly ones vice versa or teleporting in different places on the same map or making non linear story lines ... or ... or ...
Nevertheless the FOUNDRY is a really fun story telling tool.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
IMO these are basics so they really should.
I definitely agree.

Quote:
I can think of a lot more cool functions like beaming NPC in and out, or changing hostile NPCs to friendly ones vice versa or teleporting in different places on the same map or making non linear story lines ... or ... or ... Nevertheless the FOUNDRY is a really fun story telling tool.
Very true, and here are some links to more cool Foundry stuff:
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Not at this time and I'm really hoping these functions will be implemented before the system goes live on Holodeck!
I think once I managed to duplicate my project by importing it.