Lt. Commander
# 1 Massively: Make sure to vote.
12-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Polls are powerful PR tools. The entire STO community needs to make sure they get themselves out there and vote. A good result in the massively poll - or any poll for that matter - will encourage new subscribers, which generates revenue, some of which can go towards further product development!!!!

You can vote once per day!!!

The link is still on your launcher screen (although they should make it flash or something).

You can cut and paste the following link as well!!!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/12...choice-awards/
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Are you quite sure you want to suggest that we vote for STO just after another marketing debacle Thursday?

The game is still not finished. Improving dramatically, yes, but not finished yet.

The marketing department at Cryptic is inconsistent and only interested in our wallets.

Make a suggestion in the forums and it is ignored or roundfiled so consistently that there seems to be little point in even making a suggestion.

There is no feedback method. I say this since feedback is two ways, not just to Cryptic, there has to be some reciprocation. The STO staff has gotten much better but Cryptic's folks don't even bother to show up most of the time anymore.

The Cryptic staff is so inconsistent that they can't even seem to remember what they told us last time. This causes things like the marketing debacle Thursdays.

The CStore is completly out of control and nobody at Cryptic seems to be interested in how the customer base feels about it.

Try to send a PM to staff to avoid making noise in the forums and still get a point across. I know I have never gotten a response from staff.

The LTS base is supposed to be the most supportive subscribers in the game and even we are divided in some aspects. Cryptic doesn't seem to care about that since they already have our money, our opinions no longer matter.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
Are you quite sure you want to suggest that we vote for STO just after another marketing debacle Thursday?
YES!

I have been going around checking other gaming websites. They are all now including links to Massively's poll.

Vote for STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
The Cryptic staff is so inconsistent that they can't even seem to remember what they told us last time. This causes things like the marketing debacle Thursdays.
It's such a consistently inconsistent pattern I'm becoming convinced the vague waffling is quite deliberate.

I still can't vote STO as 'biggest disappointment' in good conscience, though. From a purely technical perspective, it's a complete program that actually functions occasionally. Not all the other options qualify.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-24-2010, 01:54 PM
I voted for STO in every category except best launch and best PvP. 2010 has been a lackluster year for new MMOs (but a good year for expansions).
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
It's such a consistently inconsistent pattern I'm becoming convinced the vague waffling is quite deliberate.

I still can't vote STO as 'biggest disappointment' in good conscience, though. From a purely technical perspective, it's a complete program that actually functions occasionally. Not all the other options qualify.
Yeah, I'm not voting. I sure as hell am not voting STO as the best of 2010, I was tempted to vote it the most disappointing of the year, but I didn't. Although, it is almost a year old and still doesn’t feel finished.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-24-2010, 02:04 PM
already voted, in all category's for STO
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-24-2010, 02:16 PM
STO was the biggest disappointment of 2010 for me and the only place I voted for it. I really enjoyed the game until they broke the parts of the game I liked or just wouldn't fix other problems like the holds in ground PVP. So people quit playing it. Then they ruined fleet actions and left them broken and empty until people quit doing those also.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Just bumping this.

Make sure to vote!
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-25-2010, 04:02 AM
STO was the only 2010 MMO whose release I cared about. It was the biggest disappointment of 2010 for me. There's no denying that. Of the listed games, however, it does have the best RP potential, so I voted there too.