Lt. Commander
# 1 New Races in the C-Store
12-24-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm getting ready to acquire a few things from the C-store but I do have a question about the races available in there. If I purchase say the Ferengi or Liberated Borg or any other are those only for your ship captain or does it also unlock them to be acquired for bridge officers as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Captain purchases only unlock for Captains. Ferengi, and other species of BO, are totally random depending on choices you get as you level and some aren't in the game yet: such as Caitians or Benzites. Liberated Borg BO are only a C-Store purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-24-2010, 12:58 PM
It should say right in the description. The Ferengi for example are for Captains (you can get Ferengi BOs normally in the game just like the other races), and the Liberated Borg are Bridge Officers only.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks, that helps me to decide on which races to get and not to get.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-24-2010, 01:08 PM
The Liberated Borg in the C-Store is more like a single character, rather than a race. You can only have one assigned to any playable captain, and there is no choice of gender - she's always a girl. You can customize her appearance, although mostly only to make her look more human. She currently has less Borg implant options than the playable version given to Lifetime members.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLG
I'm getting ready to acquire a few things from the C-store but I do have a question about the races available in there. If I purchase say the Ferengi or Liberated Borg or any other are those only for your ship captain or does it also unlock them to be acquired for bridge officers as well.
The Liberated Borg is only a Bridge Officer, not a playable race. If you want to play as a Liberated Borg you must have a lifetime subscription.