Lt. Commander
# 11
12-25-2010, 11:44 PM
I don't like 3D at all, it is cheezy and headache inducing. I'm just not into sitting there with glasses on just to watch a movie or whatever.

The irony is, I just bought a 58 inch Panasonic Viera VT25 3D Plasma TV, and will never even use it for 3d. It was just the best looking TV of 2010 so I got it for that reason.

Definitely a gimmick.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-26-2010, 12:36 AM
I really h a t e 3D movies, and now the theaters are forcing movie-goers to BUY a pair of 3D glasses!!
They don't even lend you one anymore, yet another reason why i don't like it...

This gimmick has gone far enough... and I hope that 3D would not come to STO...
(or at least it should have the option to turn OFF this 3D look on your notebook computer!)
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-26-2010, 12:51 AM
3D movies and TV =/= 3D gaming. They don't even use the same tech.

People might want to remember that STO is a game, not a movie. 3D may be gimmicky for some shows or films but it's here to stay in gaming. Unlike tv or movies what game devs have to do to support it is minimal, all they really need is a game with some sort of 3D environment. you know, like most every game out there.

Whilst it might be annoying in the cinemas to have to fork out extra because they ONLY play the 3D version just so they can stick you for even more, for gaming it's purely optional, like a 7.1 surround sound system or multiple monitors.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-26-2010, 04:07 PM
ummmm if you have 3D Vision you can play this game in 3D already.... like i do
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandDog
I sure hope not. The 3D craze has gone too far. There is no reason for every movie made to be in 3D. I can't even see the 3Dness and then forced to wear those stupid uncomfortable glasses just so the screen is clear. I hate the 3D stuff.

R U blind? Aparently you haven't seen Step Up 3-D yet!!!!

Just kidding. I agree. I do like some 3-D but some movies don't need to be 3-D.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-27-2010, 01:03 AM
I hate color TV. Back in the early '70s I was watching tv on my black and white just fine. Then my parents brought home a color tv....said it was more realistic because it was in color like real life. Well truth be told there are plenty of people who are color bind and can't even enjoy all the colors, though I am not one of them.

Occasionally you will see a movie made in black and white and I'm in Heaven. But for the most part, modern tv shows and movies are in color, which in my opinion is just a gimmick and adds very little to the experience.

Lt. Commander
# 17
12-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Considering I wear glasses. the standard fair of 3-d glasses don't work for me and the cheap as garbage ones give me such a raging migraine i'd like to shoot the idiot that invented 3-d. So that is a NO for me.

Have a nice day. Cupcake.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-27-2010, 02:23 AM
No. Just no.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-27-2010, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazumaKat
No. Just no.
What exactly are you responding to? if it's the OP we've already established that yes, STO is already in 3D.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-27-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypuppet
I hate color TV. Back in the early '70s I was watching tv on my black and white just fine. Then my parents brought home a color tv....said it was more realistic because it was in color like real life. Well truth be told there are plenty of people who are color bind and can't even enjoy all the colors, though I am not one of them.

Occasionally you will see a movie made in black and white and I'm in Heaven. But for the most part, modern tv shows and movies are in color, which in my opinion is just a gimmick and adds very little to the experience.

This post is full of win. Also, about the glasses. I've worn glasses all my life so wearing glasses to view something in 3D, to me, is no big deal. Whether or not games are in 3D, is really up to Nvidia because they make the 3D drivers. Developers can help them but in the end it all comes back to Nvidia. To all the haters, 3D is here. Get used to it.