Lt. Commander
I been trying out the game and I do not see the issues people are complaining about, yes it can use some improvements but what mmorpg cannot use improvements? Now I do know it was a terrible launch and lacked little content but now seems allot has changed, and I do not see anything wrong with space or ground combat, only other issue I want to see more grouping going on.

And as far as being populated, I came in at 2 am the other night and plenty of people where on I was shocked.

I honestly do not see how cox is much better then this game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-25-2010, 03:49 PM
A lot has changed, but it still gets boring very quickly. The problem now is that too much feels "tacked" on to the game that just wasn't in the original plan - it has thus thrown the whole game out of balance e.g. new crafting making dailies obsolete. I resub for the occasional month, but it is not surprising so many people left and wont return.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-25-2010, 03:53 PM
When you have done the same type of mission (with minor variations) for the 1500th time. You will begin to understand. Until then. Enjoy it while you can.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Sounds like cox to me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-25-2010, 04:04 PM
When the game was first launched it was fun, but many missions were repetitive. Those missions still exist in the game, but there are also the featured episodes (devidian and breen missions so far). These have changed the nature of the game. On top of that there have been many changes over the past year such as the new sector space style and the updated crafting system. Basically the game is heading in the right direction but has a long way to go.

Something that people don't see to realize is that this game is not even a year old yet. There are many things to be worked out. I think this is a very good game, but like anything else it has room for improvement. I guess people had high expectations and then when they were let down the bad reviews started popping up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-25-2010, 04:05 PM
There is no real end game. The quest lines are good but after you do them a few times they get boring. There is no way to get more than five people in your group. Only four or five STF's and only one PVP map the players really use. No one plays the fleet actions anymore.

We all loved STO at one time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Well I do not have an issue with endgame much cox didnt have much endgame either that game was about rerolling but im not hardcore player myself.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
There is no real end game. The quest lines are good but after you do them a few times they get boring. There is no way to get more than five people in your group. Only four or five STF's and only one PVP map the players really use. No one plays the fleet actions anymore.

We all loved STO at one time.
I have to partially disagree with you. There may not be a real end game, but the featured episodes (breen and devidian) have received a positive feedback and Cryptic will continue doing them. In a sense these are the end game.

I don't think not being able to get more than 5 people on your team is a problem that causes this game to get bad reviews. Frankly it is a part of Star Trek. In the episodes you might see 6 people on an away team, but rarely more than that. It was probably a choice by Cryptic to stick with what we see in the episodes.

The STFs are a double-edged sword. It was Cryptic's attempt to add more interaction between players, but at the same time are a bit difficult. The idea is good but I feel they need to be thought out a bit more. I heard that more might be coming.

I can't comment on PvP since I am not a fan of it.

As for the fleet actions. Surprisingly the Starbase 24 one is very popular. I always see people in it even at VA. I haven't checked the other ones though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Been playing since beta.
Been playing MMO's for 15 years.
I love this game.
I don't care what other people say.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-25-2010, 04:13 PM
I like it. It started out amazing IMO but I gradually get weary of the repetition if I play it for more than a couple hours in a single sitting. WoW on the other hand is the most popular MMO, but when I tried that game I was done with it after the first couple days. And I kept playing it out of a feeling of obligation of getting my 3-month subscription's money worth. That was just a chore. I've only played three MMOs (STO, SWG, and WoW) and while I don't think any of them are amazing, I definitely get more enjoyment out of STO than I ever did the other two (including pre-NGE SWG).