Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Hi. If you'd like to save some time, you can skip down to the green text.

I'd like to suggest that maybe you should take a deep breath, relax, and just realize that you were wrong. Wrong for any of the rational reasons others have pointed out.

You assumed your answer was correct based off of one episode. Someone suggested you picked a bad episode to base your assumptiom off of and gave a very good explanation as to why your assumption was incorrect. Take it to heart and move on.

Someone also pointed out that the episodes themselves were rife with continuity errors and filled with contradictions. If the actual authors of the official canon material couldn't keep it straight, why should you hold people who right mission scripts for a video game based on someone else's original material to a higher standard? I wouldn't think it falls on the shoulders of Cryptic employee Mission-Script-Monkey Smith to guess which contradiction is the correct one. They just pick one of the options and move forward.

Or, in a short summary: Its a video game, not the answer that just cost for $50,000 on Final Jeopardy. Lighten up, Francis.

Thanks.

Who is francis?

Is that some internet nerd speak for something else? Something someone called you and now you feel the need to lash out safe behind the keyboard?

it's ok....you're ok....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-27-2010, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
Who is francis?

Is that some internet nerd speak for something else? Something someone called you and now you feel the need to lash out safe behind the keyboard?

it's ok....you're ok....
Its a movie quote. The fact you don't know the reference probably means you are 14. Which, actually, explains a lot about your original post.

Whether you get the reference or not, I hope you'll embrace the advice and turn down the nerd-rage. If not, no biggie. Not everyone is reasonable, afterall.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-27-2010, 11:10 AM
I love that movie, one of BM's finest imo, though one should be careful. All those naked animals inside, you know.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
12-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I love that movie, one of BM's finest imo, though one should be careful. All those naked animals inside, you know.
I think John Laroquette had one of the best lines in that film - "Ohhhh, I wish I was a loufa." I also think its pretty funny that he was one of the klingon BO's in the third TOS movie.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
I think John Laroquette had one of the best lines in that film - "Ohhhh, I wish I was a loufa." I also think its pretty funny that he was one of the klingon BO's in the third TOS movie.
My favorite line was;

Sergeant Hulka: Soldier, I've noticed that you're always last.
John Winger: I'm pacing myself, Sergeant

But yeah, the shower scences certainly showed the joys of Loufaing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Are these First Contact Missions live now? I haven't seen one.

Or, are they only on Tribble?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800lbGorilla
Are these First Contact Missions live now? I haven't seen one.

Or, are they only on Tribble?
You have to do 6 or 8 dipomatic corps missions first, then build up some more diplo xp, then they become available from the ambassador. the first diplo missions are on mem alpha, vulcan, bajor, and I am drawing a blank on the others. They are lined out in the forums somewhere if you want to search for them. The bajor one is fun. The vulcan one is a little less fun. The memory alpha one is meh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Its a movie quote. The fact you don't know the reference probably means you are 14. Which, actually, explains a lot about your original post.

Whether you get the reference or not, I hope you'll embrace the advice and turn down the nerd-rage. If not, no biggie. Not everyone is reasonable, afterall.
My age has zero relevance to my posts. Zero.

If you must label my lack of enthusiasm for the game then so be it, will it alter my posts? No.

Only one thing will change the format of my posts....and it is up to crptic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-12-2011, 05:53 AM
I suppose maybe in the 25th century mobile holotechnology has progressed enough that they don't need to have personel directly interact with the subject species. I would guess that the answer seems to be based off of Insurrection. But I agree, the questions are based off of our trivia knowledge of the series and movies and the answers/question could have been better worded to avoid this confusion. I guess this is just one example that fell through the cracks.

Beyond this, I would suggest you work on your attitude and delivery, AZSteel. The devs are major, major Star Trek fans and they do watch episodes in the office. I think you would be wise to avoid making assumptions and insulting their intelligence or fandom (especially over something as trivial as this).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizixMan View Post
The devs are major, major Star Trek fans and they do watch episodes in the office. I think you would be wise to avoid making assumptions and insulting their intelligence or fandom (especially over something as trivial as this).
Um, not so much there, Chief. Granted by now I assume quite a few of them have had Trek so beaten into their heads they could sing every show's opening music in chronological order and recite the names of all the actors in every show. (Ok, a bit of an exaggeration) But way back in the day, we're talking early Closed Beta here I remember hearing that the Dev's (with some exceptions of course) were not that familiar with Trek compared with the majority of the players incoming. The Devs were required to watch -at minimum- 1 of the Trek shows, be it TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, or ENT it didn't matter, their choice. But the fact they had to have this requirement in the first place makes me doubt the quoted statement above.

Now by now I assume alot of them probably know aspects of Star Trek better then the players. But there are also threads that point out they don't quite have everything down right. So in short, I guess I disagree that the 'devs are major, major Star Trek fans'. Though when they do watch the Episodes in the office, I bet it's only so that they maintain continuity and don't **** off the player base. Spending 45 minutes with an episode of Star Trek is less damaging to production time then having to spend hours re-working models and plotlines that incorrectly deviate from 'canon'.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 AM.