Lt. Commander
# 21
01-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I'm here to confirm both statements. Copying a very detailed storyboard and/or map is a very inefficient process. (and I'm being kind here! )

Using two STO clients to port my mission from RedShirt to Tribble was a lot better than copying the mission first to a text file and then back to the Foundry, so I would recommend using Tribble and Holodeck STO instances to do the same when the Foundry launched on Holodeck; of course this will be a moot point if Tribble Foundry missions are purged once the Foundry launched on Holodeck, but I refuse to panic before panic is justified!

I didn't want to wait because as NB said, practice is valuable in its own right. I prefer to practice now, perfect later, but YMMV.
Alright. That sounds about what i expected....well hopefully they wont purge everything outright. I doubt it anyway, there's a good amount of quality work floating around already.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I'm here to confirm ... . Copying a very detailed storyboard and/or map is a very inefficient process. (and I'm being kind here! ) ...
Yep, I totally agree!

I now can confirm that changing between the same two maps for several times (like f.e. beaming in and out in several places on the same map) is not possible too. At least I found no method.
It seems that the first spawn point of a map is the one the system is always referring to as the default one of this certain map. As soon as I've added a second one I could not change maps any more. I tried it with rename spawn points, adding respawn points (so this worked, but just for one single time). I then thought of copying and pasting the entire maps but the C&P options are greyed out - so I 'm in a little bit of a dead end at the moment.

Just for not being misunderstood: The Foundry is a great storytelling tool!
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-09-2011, 05:09 PM
I've been out of the game for a little while but I'm back with word of this Genesis project and this Foundry I've heard of. I've updated my game and everything but I've got one problem....
I can't access the Foundry!! I got to the part where it says "Content Authoring" but I can't create a charcter because the "New Character" switch is locked out. I see it but I can't click it on.
Am i doing something wrong? Did I forget to download something?

Guess I'll just play the main game....
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castle74 View Post
I've been out of the game for a little while but I'm back with word of this Genesis project and this Foundry I've heard of. I've updated my game and everything but I've got one problem....
I can't access the Foundry!! I got to the part where it says "Content Authoring" but I can't create a charcter because the "New Character" switch is locked out. I see it but I can't click it on.
Am i doing something wrong? Did I forget to download something?

Guess I'll just play the main game....
It's only available on Tribble Test Server - the main game has the interface for it, but it's not turned on. It's in beta testing on the test server. So if you want to try it, hop over to Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-09-2011, 07:14 PM
I know this is going to sound like a dumb question, how do i hop over to tribble testing server?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-09-2011, 07:17 PM
nv mind, found it
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
It's only available on Tribble Test Server - the main game has the interface for it, but it's not turned on. It's in beta testing on the test server. So if you want to try it, hop over to Tribble.
Any way how?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Any way how?
Instructions
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Thanks!
I think I'm finally signed up but it seems they are having difficulties with being able to copy characters to the server and I'm not the only one reporting that.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Thanks!
I think I'm finally signed up but it seems they are having difficulties with being able to copy characters to the server and I'm not the only one reporting that.
Yes. But you can log into Tribble and create one from scratch if you want. The only downside with that is that you have to play through the tutorial again before it lets you access the playable missions (if you want to play some other people's Foundry creations) but otherwise, you can just get in there and start creating stuff using the Foundry tools.

You need to create an ensign test character for the Foundry anyway - it doesn't accept a real character or a copy. So it doesn't matter if you can't copy your real character to the test server if all you want is to test the Foundry creation tools.