Lt. Commander
# 1 Infected
12-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Dear Cryptic,

INFECTED IS IMPOSSIBLE! PLEASE MAKE IT EASIER! MANY TEAMS I HAVE PLAYED WITH HAVE FAILED BECAUSE ITS TOO HARD! I am 6 above them yet they still can kill us with one shot! Please do something! It was not this hard 6 months ago when I did it with friends and we beat it everytime in at least 2 hours, NOW ITS 4 HOURS. Make them a wee bit easier. Either that or someone experienced in it that can acutally help and use vent HELP ME! I love the game to death and all but please do something about it.

Thank you!!!!
P.S. Totally unrelated but when do Vulcan Ships come out?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Agreed and withholding part of the game until we finish it is akin to selling only PART of the game I paid full price for.
What are they offering in way of compensation?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Infected has nothing on the cure or KA, are you sure you aren't playing on advanced or elite? Pug infecteds only last an hour max with a semi-decent group
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Many teams fail because many players are fail. Running all willy nilly into rooms filled with Borg is only going to result in failure.
That said, I think the hardest thing about Infected is finding a a decent group.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-26-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm doing it on the lowest possible difficulty and they can still kill me. One other problem I have all the time with online games is NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO LISTEN! I'd do it again if a buddy of mine would help. He killed the Queen twice in one night by himself due to a glitch. He was awsome but like I said no one knows how to listen.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralweiler1701
I'm doing it on the lowest possible difficulty and they can still kill me.
So let me get this straight, you're upset because an adversary in a game, during a challenging missions, is able to defeat you. Riiiight. Yup, Cryptic, please nerf this. The OP is able to die on this mission. We can't have that.

Quote:
He killed the Queen twice in one night by himself due to a glitch.
Oh yeah, that whole using a glitch to beat something is so totally epic. Man it takes real skill to do that. If only every PUG had players like this, then every STF would be easy....

How about instead of getting upset that the missions that were designed to be the most challenging, are indeed the most challenging, you try and ask for help, or research how to beat it more easily.

I've beaten this five or six times now with a different PUG each time, with no TS or Vent. I know it can be done and frankly, infected is the easiest STF.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-26-2010, 11:42 PM
wow just wow. my fleet mates and i run it often and do not have much or any trouble with the mission you need to find a fleet that runs these often and know how to get throug them. they only hard if your group has no idea what to do. we like to help others out when we can. so if you see me in game send a tell and will if we can get a group set up to help you through the mission. my main toon flatsnake@flatout. my fleet uses skyp as our voice to do missions and chat.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-26-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm doing the smart thing, just avoiding the STF's all together for a few reasons

1) I refuse to abuse my keyboard that much

2) anything that is for a group should have a solo option without the awards granted for a group victory

and

3) whoever designed the STFs only gave us rewards so we go into the STFs to justify his/her position at cryptic :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Dear Cryptic,

INFECTED IS IMPOSSIBLE! PLEASE MAKE IT EASIER! MANY TEAMS I HAVE PLAYED WITH HAVE FAILED BECAUSE ITS TOO HARD! I am 6 above them yet they still can kill us with one shot! Please do something! It was not this hard 6 months ago when I did it with friends and we beat it everytime in at least 2 hours, NOW ITS 4 HOURS. Make them a wee bit easier. Either that or someone experienced in it that can acutally help and use vent HELP ME! I love the game to death and all but please do something about it.

Thank you!!!!
P.S. Totally unrelated but when do Vulcan Ships come out?
I am bar far no expert in the game but if I am able to do Infected with a group of 4 other PUGs, with no voice chat, and beat it, than it is not impossible. Play smart, have half decent setups and make sure you work as a TEAM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-27-2010, 02:21 AM
I'd be happy to even get a group to try Infected myself. Been playing since June and not once have I ever managed to find a group for...well...any of the STFs really.