Lt. Commander
# 31
01-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Just finished the cure with some people we picked up in a different channel... took about 2.5 hours but we took several breaks between transformer/gates.

I changed from my normal role into some kind of lame leader and all the team members stepped up to the plate and performed wonderfully. We had no teamspeak and planning was minimal. we had only one team wipe and that was decided on and not really needed.

I decided for an aggressive approach to the gates and despite a few failures we managed to work out a quick and dirty method to get through... it often depended on me to float down the whole set of transformers drawing aggro and I fell more than a few times, but I had a SCI with me and we held on hard.

Grenade satchel definitlely made a difference and cryo grenades were a tremendous benefit...

The idea that these missions are impossible or totally broken is not true at all and I proved it tonight...

Beating any STF is not very difficult when you have players willing to listen and step up to the plate and deliver when called on.

I totally stepped outside my normal comfort role and led a very good team through the cure and had a very good experience.

All went relatively well... most gates took 2 or 3 tries to get right, but it ll worked out...

So tell me how things are so broken or o hard?
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Beating any STF is not very difficult when you have players willing to listen and step up to the plate and deliver when called on.
thats your opinion, and it is not shared by the majority of the community. if the STF missions were designed properly you wouldn't have so many people saying there is something wrong with them.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
thats your opinion, and it is not shared by the majority of the community. if the STF missions were designed properly you wouldn't have so many people saying there is something wrong with them.
Your lucky, Napoleon isn't usually that kind on an STF whine thread. Scroll through some other threads and you'll see him be a bit meaner about his responses. As for the majority of the community, Dstahl already stated they aren't above captain level. So your speaking about half of the people above captain level. I used to be one of those people until some people ran me through a few of them. Then just after that I joined their fleet because it was nice to work as a team. PUGS have a hard time doing team work. You'll learn much more about the game in a fleet then you will playing STO solo.

To Napoleon, happy to see you took some people through it that may have had some trouble before and helped them do it. I know we've told people to PM us in game for help and so far only 2 have sent me a message. One which I got through KA in 2 hrs with my fleet. What time do you play around? I'd be interested to run an STF with you sometime.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
Just finished the cure with some people we picked up in a different channel... took about 2.5 hours but we took several breaks between transformer/gates.

I changed from my normal role into some kind of lame leader and all the team members stepped up to the plate and performed wonderfully. We had no teamspeak and planning was minimal. we had only one team wipe and that was decided on and not really needed.

I decided for an aggressive approach to the gates and despite a few failures we managed to work out a quick and dirty method to get through... it often depended on me to float down the whole set of transformers drawing aggro and I fell more than a few times, but I had a SCI with me and we held on hard.

Grenade satchel definitlely made a difference and cryo grenades were a tremendous benefit...

The idea that these missions are impossible or totally broken is not true at all and I proved it tonight...

I totally stepped outside my normal comfort role and led a very good team through the cure and had a very good experience.

All went relatively well... most gates took 2 or 3 tries to get right, but it ll worked out...

So tell me how things are so broken or o hard?
Ya know what? He's right....I have tried this with fleet mates and pugs if we hadn't enough people to do a mission on the KDF side, and man oh man was it hard without someone...usually the pug not listening. Once we had someone bring him a grenade satchel (I have no idea why a tac would be without it...lol), and we showed him how we roll, we actually sped up the run, and learned a couple of new things...

If people are willing to listen, and share what they know works, or such, the stf missions are NOT that bad...well, let me clarify...the boss on KDF cure is a bit tougher...but other than that, it's frakking ok.....

P.S.: If you find you have trouble on an STF or need someone to bring anything along, gimme a PM in game and either I or my fleeties might be able to assist you in some shape or fashion.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-15-2011, 02:32 PM
the cure is the one STF that I've beaten atleast a dozen times. Everytime I've beaten it we've used the non-aggro approach. Last week I even led a team of first timers through it and we beat the third gate ont he first try and the last gate on the 2nd try. Beating these things comes down to 1 thing. having the proper weaponry. This week every time I get into one, I'm with fed tacs that don't have grenade satchels, and no one has sniper or high density beam rifles with kb3. Last night I jumped onto a team that was stuck at the 3rd gate, and an hour and a half later we still hadn't gotten through. One tac had a plasma grenade, but couldn't figure out he had to throw the grenade at the transformer before teh workers got there, and then an engineer kept using his orbital strike and assault rifles and aggroing the elite drones. I was a Sci and held the first tranformer all my myself with a mk x sniper rifle, and a mk xi high density beam rifle with kb3. the kb3 rifle is what is needed most on this mission. the rifle is aweful when you are going through the map, but it is much needed on those transformers, get it, and keep it into your inventory and equip it just before you need to use it. the same with the grenade kit, keep it in your inventory and only equip it at teh transformers. Its really not that hard to do, just time consuming.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
the cure is the one STF that I've beaten atleast a dozen times. Everytime I've beaten it we've used the non-aggro approach. Last week I even led a team of first timers through it and we beat the third gate ont he first try and the last gate on the 2nd try. Beating these things comes down to 1 thing. having the proper weaponry. This week every time I get into one, I'm with fed tacs that don't have grenade satchels, and no one has sniper or high density beam rifles with kb3. Last night I jumped onto a team that was stuck at the 3rd gate, and an hour and a half later we still hadn't gotten through. One tac had a plasma grenade, but couldn't figure out he had to throw the grenade at the transformer before teh workers got there, and then an engineer kept using his orbital strike and assault rifles and aggroing the elite drones. I was a Sci and held the first tranformer all my myself with a mk x sniper rifle, and a mk xi high density beam rifle with kb3. the kb3 rifle is what is needed most on this mission. the rifle is aweful when you are going through the map, but it is much needed on those transformers, get it, and keep it into your inventory and equip it just before you need to use it. the same with the grenade kit, keep it in your inventory and only equip it at teh transformers. Its really not that hard to do, just time consuming.
We run a non aggro and a hybrid approach. Since season 3, the hybrid approach is better at the 3rd gate and the non aggro good at the 4th gate. We tried the non aggro at the 3rd gate, I was on the third transformer. All was great, smoked myself and then turned on the trasnformer. Ran behind the rock and up the hill. Turn to face the workers, in pops a heavy tactical behind me on the hill. Needless to say the crazy beam ins are killer during this season. I have grenade satchel but only use it sometimes as the add bonus of fire team is nice for flank shots to take targets down faster.