Lt. Commander
The two ships are supposed to be counterparts but, overall, the Galaxy-X seems more like a Tier 4.5 going by most reviews whereas the Garumba seems very beloved. Note that I'm not even suggesting the Feds get more ships, just that the Galaxy-X get another balance pass to match its counterpart.

One thing I think would make a ton of sense is if the Galaxy-X could do Warp 14 in sector space. The ship was said to do Warp 14 and the Borg set enables travel at "Warp 14" in sector space so it seems like a natural fit to me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-27-2010, 12:15 PM
I've always thought the Gal X was too weak to be a real T5, which is why I never use it. I'd love to see the two ships battle it out in a PvP video. I honestly don't think the Gal would stand a chance.

Edit: I do agree with the enhanced Warp speed for the Gal. It's clearly doable in the tech now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-27-2010, 12:15 PM
The Galaxy-X has greater survivability potential compared to the Garumba - that's the trade-off.

Most people don't like the Galaxy-X because it's very slow to maneuver, not necessarily because it's very underpowered.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-27-2010, 12:20 PM
slow turn rate does not go well with phaser lance and the ability to carry cannons.

for the garumba its a perfect fit.

i dont think giving the galaxy x warp 13 or 14 or what ever will make it more appealing to people but im not against the inclusion as the borg set has it. improving the turn rate would make it more appealing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
slow turn rate does not go well with phaser lance and the ability to carry cannons.
Yeah, that's exactly the issue. Giving a limited firing arc weapon to the slowest turning ship in the fleet makes it offensively weak.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Yeah, that's exactly the issue. Giving a limited firing arc weapon to the slowest turning ship in the fleet makes it offensively weak.
I think a slight survivability loss (it is a frankenship, after all) would go well with some kind of innate boost to firing arc. It doesn't have to be nimble but it could be more useful than it seems like it is. (I don't have quite 5 referrals yet and reviews of it have kept me from buying one in the C-Store.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-27-2010, 01:43 PM
The Galaxy-X is severely flawed, but its the closest thing the a battle crusier that the Feds have. I still like it.

I haven't seen the Guramba in action, but it sounds interesting. It'd be nice if the Gx could get a shorter cooldown on the lance too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutty View Post
The Galaxy-X is severely flawed, but its the closest thing the a battle crusier that the Feds have. I still like it.

I haven't seen the Guramba in action, but it sounds interesting. It'd be nice if the Gx could get a shorter cooldown on the lance too.
Or if the spinal lance was 1/4 as good as it was in the single on camera instance we saw.
It fired what, 3 times in a row? It blew right through a shielded Klingon top tier ship, hull and all
to come out the other end.

My lance is like a paper cut compared to that. I'd rather beam over to the Klingon ship and fight hand to hand.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
Or if the spinal lance was 1/4 as good as it was in the single on camera instance we saw.
It fired what, 3 times in a row? It blew right through a shielded Klingon top tier ship, hull and all
to come out the other end.

My lance is like a paper cut compared to that. I'd rather beam over to the Klingon ship and fight hand to hand.
No game that has PvP is going to allow a one-shot weapon like that into play. The key word for all games with PvP is balance.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Then they should reduce the cooldown time for the Lance seeing how underpowered it is. That or add the 4th rear weapon slot