Lt. Commander
# 1 More Explorer Missions
12-27-2010, 04:02 PM
The a lot of the end game content is the explorer missions. I think they should make a more types to be added with the ones we have now. This would add more content that would be used often.

Warp Core/ Reactor Breach This would use the existing disabled ship instance and the space station map. You would get the dialog box telling you raiders have overloaded the warp core/reactor either on the ship on in the base depending on the map.

Your officer would scan and tell you there was five minutes till the breach. A countdown timer would start. Then cloaked ships attack you and you have to fight a couple of waves. Then beam down fight a couple of waves of enemies and click the console with a 10 second charge bar to stop the breach or the ship/station explodes.

Have a few hidden crewman in random places that you can revive for bonus XP and merits. They must be revived before the breach is stopped or no bonus. Have the mission where you can fail and if you are on the ship/station when it explodes you die.

Hostage Negotiation This would use the bound NPC's from the Hunting the hunters quest. They would use the station or the disable ship map. Sometimes you could negotiate and recover the hostages by giving the kidnaper's provisions like the Aid the Planet quest. Other times you would have to take them by force.

Make the hostages target able so you have to be careful and not shoot them yourself. If you save all the hostages you get a bonus.

Distressed Ship A disabled ship is caught in the gravitational pull of a sun. You must save the ship sometimes but others it's a trap like the Kobayashi Maru.

Make it where you could tractor it out unless it was pulled in to far. So you would keep a science officer with that ability. Or you could beam over and fly it out after like a thirty second repair time unless it was pulled in to far. Then you would have to beam as many of the ships crew out before it burnt up.

Two or three big ships decloak and attack you like Romulan Warbirds. With a real chance to fail not just any dinky ship you can beat on auto attack but boss ships. So the longer it took you to beat the ships the less of a chance you would have to save the ship and crew. If you save ship and crew you get a bonus.

Adding more explorer missions would be content used often by players getting their badges. If we got like ten total explorer type missions. It wouldn't feel nearly as repetitive.

They could also hide easter eggs in the new quest where you could find items and sometimes even merits. You would just scan when you are close to the item and you would acquire it. They easter egg items wouldn't give you the scan bar so you would have to explore to find them.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Comet Disaster
12-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Comet Disaster

Large comets fragments have entered a system and are going to hit a planet. Make them where you could tractor smaller ones to change their coarse to miss the planet. Some of the larger ones would have to be shot a couple of times to make them small enough to use the tractor on. If you scan and tractor all of them out of the way you get a bonus. Or you could just blast them all if you wanted. You would still get some XP and merits if a couple hit the planet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-27-2010, 04:29 PM
One thing that is nice. Dstahl mentioned in his most resent interview that the foundry will support creating missions for the exploration sectors. So it might be possible to make these missions yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Shuttle Crash
12-27-2010, 04:32 PM
A shuttle has crashed on a planet with a form of radiation that prevents you beaming them up and scanning to find them. Your science officer tells you that the radiation will kill them in a few minutes and would probably make them delirious so they probably have wondered off.

It would be on the planet with the thick heavy gases so it would be hard to find them. If you find them all before you have to beam out you get bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikoy
One thing that is nice. Dstahl mentioned in his most resent interview that the foundry will support creating missions for the exploration sectors. So it might be possible to make these missions yourself.
That was going to be my next post I was going to ask that. I haven't put all my ideas out there yet. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
That was going to be my next post I was going to ask that. I haven't put all my ideas out there yet. Thanks.
Yeah listen to the Trek Radio interview with Dan Stahl posted on STO's main page. You might enjoy it. He talks a bit about some of the exploration sector revamp as well.

I am pretty adamant about the current exploration quests needing a complete rewrite as well. They are pretty awful IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Yeah listen to the Trek Radio interview with Dan Stahl posted on STO's main page. You might enjoy it. He talks a bit about some of the exploration sector revamp as well.

I am pretty adamant about the current exploration quests needing a complete rewrite as well. They are pretty awful IMO.
I just thought simple additions like hiding items to get people to search and explore would make them better and feel more like Trek. Some bonus objective and a few more non combat missions would really help. People spend a lot of time on these for badges.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
I just thought simple additions like hiding items to get people to search and explore would make them better and feel more like Trek. Some bonus objective and a few more non combat missions would really help. People spend a lot of time on these for badges.
I made a post awhile back about adding an accolade mini game to these areas.

1. Planets - scan a planet to determine its class. Discover them all to get the accolade. Maybe have a rare cloaked planet.

2. Stars - discover all the classes

3. Comets.

An so on. A series of "discovery" accolades.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
I made a post awhile back about adding an accolade mini game to these areas.

1. Planets - scan a planet to determine its class. Discover them all to get the accolade. Maybe have a rare cloaked planet.

2. Stars - discover all the classes

3. Comets.

An so on. A series of "discovery" accolades.
That is a good idea. I wanted them to do that with the easter egg items idea hidden in the missions. Where after you found 50 then 100 then like 500 you would get titles. Like curious, discover and Inquisitor something like that.