Lt. Commander
# 11
12-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsloan View Post
I am trying to help the developers find balance in the new crafting system. Chronometric Particle Traces have become one of THE items to have because of needing them for the Mark XI weapons and Aegis. Add this high demand with a low supply and you get inordinately high pricing in the Exchange, people asking crazy trade options in chat, and frustrated players in the game. I am suggesting potential balance options. Allow alternate Particle Traces or a vendor with standard trade values (could even be high such as 5 to 1 but a known quantity you can work toward). STO is definitely designed to be casual player friendly unlike many other MMOs. With that in mind, having alternatives to succeed in the game besides the whim of Exchange pricing seems a viable option to keep tihs game popular and growing in subscriber numbers.
And I am saying that this is a temporary demand spike caused by having an actually useful crafting system dropped into our laps. Once the overwhelming demand for the new shinies winds down, the particle traces will drop to a more reasonable price as they stop being so desirable\needed.

You do not balance around temporary spikes, positive or negative. You balance around permanent features.

This level of demand is unsustainable. (There simply are not that many players who don't have the stuff.) It will reach a saturation point and self-correct moving forward in time.

Less politely put, you are crying wolf. Doing a chicken little. Overreacting. Relax, breathe, chill. It isn't a problem. The perceived problem will fix itself if you give it a chance to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-27-2010, 06:13 PM
I think people need to realize that making it easier would be tantamount to going back to having little to work for at endgame again.

Keep it rare; keep it challenging.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Just do the mini-game when you find anomalies... Don't active goal towards the materials, do your normal emblem farm, and you should get a fair bit of them anyway over time. It's really more of a bonus perk anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flato View Post
Yes lets turn another aspect of STO into carebear mode lets just make all traces available from vendors for a 1000 ec............Seriously somethings need to be earned and i might add a few other traces are worth as much as chronometric so u could sell those and buy chronometric.
THANK

YOU

Seriously, if anything things need to be made more rare, and harder to get. This game is handed to players on a silver platter.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
THANK

YOU

Seriously, if anything things need to be made more rare, and harder to get. This game is handed to players on a silver platter.
Quoted for truth.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-27-2010, 08:52 PM
I have 2 of them in may bank im selling them for 2mill