Lt. Commander
# 1 The Return - Alternate Endings
07-28-2010, 05:20 PM
There were three options to choose from. Is this an alternate ending mission or is the outcome always the same?

For me the Romulan ship was destroyed in the end and I picked to aid it while it's engines were being repaired.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2010, 07:32 PM
I think the only difference is you either kill her or don't, and how she reacts to you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2010, 07:40 PM
The ship got away for me. I pick to beam the stuff out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Was curious how the other choices panned out. For completeness:

I told her I wasn't gonna let her have the Borg stuff. She turned hostile.

I then let her and the incoming Sphere fight it out and took care of the survivor.
Lt. Commander
# 5 New ending...some bugs remain?
12-31-2010, 07:36 PM
I tried beaming the tech out and the Romulan acknowledged my 'theft', but nothing happened...so much so I had to quit the mission and reenter and redefeat all the borg.

THEN I tried gallantly defending the Romulan, and she thanked me and stated"
Quote:
Commander Taelus: Vice Admiral, our long-range sensors show a Borg squadron approaching at speed.
Essential repairs to our singularity drive are almost complete. If you can occupy the Borg attackers and give us the time we need, then we will overlook your intrusion on our classified research.
Commander Taelus: The Romulan Star Empire appreciates your discretion, Vice Admiral.
Your actions today may well change the course of history.
Keep the Borg occupied and we will depart as soon as our course is plotted. You are a ... friend to all Romulans. Thank you.
BUT THEN...after defending the Romulan, she left leaving me to face 2 Borg Cubes...
BUT THEN...a strange powerful unknown ship appeared and helped fight them off, then left stating"
Quote:
Obex: Look upon us and tremble.
My science officer then states:
Quote:
S. Sarkita: Sir, I have no idea what just happened or who sent us that hail. The closest thing I can find is a ship seen in the Iconian system, but who are they?

We should leave this system and contac