Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 101
01-31-2011, 09:25 AM
What thjey need to do is make elites deadly. Its tedious because they do crap for damage and have god mode with a crapload of hp. fix the godmode bug and make em deadly. make them have like a 3 second fbp and a single target pull ability. like scorpions
Lt. Commander
# 102
01-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Refuse to play STF's , i do and many others do , they are terrible and a very bad advert for this MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Just remove the Protodrones!

What the heck is a Protodrone anyway?

I don't remember them in Star Trek and they just about one shot players.

Give the Elites that amount of damage and reduce their HP to just above the meanest Tactical Drone.

Assimilation should have a melee range.
Lt. Commander
# 104
01-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
Refuse to play STF's , i do and many others do , they are terrible and a very bad advert for this MMO.
I would argue that the CE is far and away a worse advert for team content in STO than the STFs are.
Lt. Commander
# 105
01-31-2011, 10:37 AM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=197935

there you go. lamers win, massive nerf. now everything in STO is easy mode.

congratulations for sucking at playing. kudos for expert whining though.
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Well I finally made it silencer.

I don't suck at playing.

I was good enough for friends I made to keep offering me the chance to play in their PUGs that we finally won out.

And we beat the KA on my first try!?!

I think that is the secret:

Keep playing, be as good as you can and don't trash talk.

Listen to all advise and just do exactly what the Team Lead or experienced player they are relying on says.

Even if you get contradictory advise, keep it all, write it down if you have to.

Watch the various YouTube vids of the missions to get an idea what you are up against.

Bring LARGE Hypos and Weapons Boosters!

Most importantly:

Friend everyone that tries the mission with you before they leave. They will remember you if you've been nice and tried hard. When they need someone you will show up in their Friends section of the Social lists.

ALWAYS help out after you finally win this mission. There will most likely be more of these and when the Romulan Faction comes out, you will likely need to do this mission again. Don't burn bridges.

It gets easier after the first win.
Lt. Commander
# 107
01-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_silencer
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=197935

there you go. lamers win, massive nerf. now everything in STO is easy mode.

congratulations for sucking at playing. kudos for expert whining though.
at the very least we can lol when they say its too easy. or when they complain that a team of 4 science officer and 1 tac can beat it without any strat needed did i mention the sci's wont have to use med kit or geo kit, and the tac uses the cloaking kit. and the plasma heals you. and when the queen targets you with the blue thing it recharges your shields. and when you kill her she offers you a job. *a word is missing there you fill it in* she also gives everyone automatic max diplo rank and 10mil credits AND a free respec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Just remove the Protodrones!

What the heck is a Protodrone anyway?

I don't remember them in Star Trek and they just about one shot players.

Give the Elites that amount of damage and reduce their HP to just above the meanest Tactical Drone.

Assimilation should have a melee range.

they oneshot people who let them get flanks on em. also arent Elite tactical drones the meanest tactical drone?

----------------

Assimilation well honestly i think its fine range wise. why?

Forcefield dome. Those guys are trash without assimilation, they rarely do it from range *my experience* but heck they should have some range.

1 engi and 1 tac can keep em far away from you long enough to mow em down ezpz. god help them if you have more that one engi.

back to the story. the borg assimilated a effin star base and people want 2 mobs of 3 protodrones and the boss because they cant do it. ugh. people think this is hard pfft go play battletoads.

but meh assimilatiosn gonan get nerfed too. no more proto's, no more oh crap he beamed in behind me what do i do?,

on the plus side

everyone and their 5 year old kid will beat em in 30 mins and if thats too long for you people with "lives" dont worry that will be nerfed too and it will be completable in 10mins. Infact this is the new infected.

*Spawn in queens chamber" Hop to Generator. OR take the platform for those who lag/cant jump. Only 2 people required for the disabling shield. Timing is irrelevant. Shield down. Destroy generator. Queen spawns, but falls in plasma because she shouldnt be floating anyways. Queen dies.
Speak to D'vak for Mission reward.
Lt. Commander
# 108
01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
I thought there was a Heavy Tactical Drone in there as well.

The Borg have more than enough exploits that limiting their assimilate to melee range won't hurt them much, they have rooting and that sci explosion thing that roots you as well.
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I thought there was a Heavy Tactical Drone in there as well.

The Borg have more than enough exploits that limiting their assimilate to melee range won't hurt them much, they have rooting and that sci explosion thing that roots you as well.
thats the only root they have that damages you. over time. heck its the only damage that i as a medic worry about. Its a grav shift.
Lt. Commander
# 110
01-31-2011, 06:30 PM
Don't remember that on the TV shows or movies either.