Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 111
01-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_silencer
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=197935

there you go. lamers win, massive nerf. now everything in STO is easy mode.

congratulations for sucking at playing. kudos for expert whining though.
Way to not read anything being proposed and jump to conclusions. Your avatar speaks volumes.
Lt. Commander
# 112
01-31-2011, 08:55 PM
I've noticed something while playing this game.

Every time you do a mission, it gets easier. Then people want it to be more challenging.

If it's made more challenging, the casual gamer who does less missions will not be able to keep up with the curve and will eventually leave the game altogether.

This leaves just those dedicated gamers and their hard missions which sounds like heaven to them, but the loss in income to the game company can be the straw that shuts the game down.

I don't have a solution for this to recommend unfortunately. I'm pretty sure Cryptic will look at the numbers and decide which faction to support. From the above link it looks like they have already done this.
Lt. Commander
# 113
01-31-2011, 11:48 PM
6 hours and 3 teams later, we are only half way through this mission. I would like to say that I agree with much of what was said here, and a lot needs to be fixed to make this even remotely fun or worth the time. And if I decided to list the many things wrong with this mission, I'd be here another 6 hours. A whole year of gameplay and missions and this has killed it for me. The Cure has officially ruined STO for me. I'll be back when Season Four comes out so there's something else to do.

So yes...please improve this mission and make the Borg somewhat more realistic (within the Star Trek universe)
Lt. Commander
# 114
02-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
at the very least we can lol when they say its too easy. or when they complain that a team of 4 science officer and 1 tac can beat it without any strat needed did i mention the sci's wont have to use med kit or geo kit, and the tac uses the cloaking kit. and the plasma heals you. and when the queen targets you with the blue thing it recharges your shields. and when you kill her she offers you a job. *a word is missing there you fill it in* she also gives everyone automatic max diplo rank and 10mil credits AND a free respec.

they oneshot people who let them get flanks on em. also arent Elite tactical drones the meanest tactical drone?

----------------

Assimilation well honestly i think its fine range wise. why?

Forcefield dome. Those guys are trash without assimilation, they rarely do it from range *my experience* but heck they should have some range.

1 engi and 1 tac can keep em far away from you long enough to mow em down ezpz. god help them if you have more that one engi.

back to the story. the borg assimilated a effin star base and people want 2 mobs of 3 protodrones and the boss because they cant do it. ugh. people think this is hard pfft go play battletoads.

but meh assimilatiosn gonan get nerfed too. no more proto's, no more oh crap he beamed in behind me what do i do?,

on the plus side

everyone and their 5 year old kid will beat em in 30 mins and if thats too long for you people with "lives" dont worry that will be nerfed too and it will be completable in 10mins. Infact this is the new infected.

*Spawn in queens chamber" Hop to Generator. OR take the platform for those who lag/cant jump. Only 2 people required for the disabling shield. Timing is irrelevant. Shield down. Destroy generator. Queen spawns, but falls in plasma because she shouldnt be floating anyways. Queen dies.
Speak to D'vak for Mission reward.
sarcasm aside do you have a point to mocking players who aren't as "l33t" as yourself? "oh look another n00b who cant play!" did it occur to you that players need to start somewhere, did it occur to you to actually help instead of playing your high horse mentality? it would be far more constructive if you showed the time of day to these players rather then whining away and showing how 'l33t' you are instead. if you got a problem with that then you should of kept your eyes open instead of getting sideswiped for not looking, thats not my problem or anyone elses but your own.

as for the mission though, im happy with the way it is somewhat, its just being robbed by bugs now i got an idea of how to defeat the elites, heavies and nodes. that and the lack of respawn between 2nd and 4th transformer block. now thats left is to get past that damned mission for once .
Lt. Commander
# 115
02-01-2011, 05:38 AM
Why is it that all content needed to be dumbed down so everyone can play it.. :/
Leave stfs so they are hard not everything should be easy imo.
Lt. Commander
# 116
02-01-2011, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
Why is it that all content needed to be dumbed down so everyone can play it.. :/
Leave stfs so they are hard not everything should be easy imo.
Do you suggest increasing the difficulty on them? Cause theyre easy now.. And Im saying that as a strict spaceplayer with no points diverted to ground skills..

That said: STFs are probably the only interesting missions Ive seen on the ground.. My latest toon havent done a single groundmission besides weeklies and the first freighter thing during the grind.. While STFs are easy, atleast I have to think a bit when doing them.
Lt. Commander
# 117
02-01-2011, 06:15 AM
I'm fine with STFs being more challenging. What I am not fine with is making the STFs artificially harder by only putting in a couple of spawn points or by exploiting bad game mechanics.

The number of bugs in the STFs is absolutely unacceptable too. How many times have teams been split up on the last space leg of KA; had the Cure boss get stuck or worse, complete the mission yet not get any reward?

The STFs could be much more fun if they just worked as intended. The forced teamwork aspect of the STFs is great!
Lt. Commander
# 118
02-01-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Do you suggest increasing the difficulty on them? Cause theyre easy now.. And Im saying that as a strict spaceplayer with no points diverted to ground skills..

That said: STFs are probably the only interesting missions Ive seen on the ground.. My latest toon havent done a single groundmission besides weeklies and the first freighter thing during the grind.. While STFs are easy, atleast I have to think a bit when doing them.
Indeed they are easy now even for ous who have compleated them several times.
Lt. Commander
# 119
02-01-2011, 06:57 AM
I have to agree with Zorena. Our fleet (not the same as Zorena) has at least an active 30 person a month roster. There is about 10 of us that can run STF's now without even communicating to each other about the mission specifically. Those same 10 can easily lead any group through the mission in its current status. Are the bugs a pain? - Yes, but heck I like the challenge of that even more. Being caught off guard but still winning. Will encounters become easier once Gozer fixes the encounter groups? - Most likely yes. Will the difficulty slider help much? For those that feels its to hard yes, but for teams for can 3 man the current encounters, they may need only 2 do run the normal setting. I do hope the borg gear is tied to elite settings only though. Learn the ropes on normal and advanced then beat elite and you get the parts.

Side note- PM @strykerv in game if you need help with running the STF's. Also check out our fleet website
www.omegaxiii.com If you like what you see join the fleet. We aren't a RP fleet so its good for the casual players.
Lt. Commander
# 120
02-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
I do hope the borg gear is tied to elite settings only though. Learn the ropes on normal and advanced then beat elite and you get the parts.
I don't see that happening. For one thing, it would in a way force the DP on everyone.... which is something Cryptic have said they would not do. Second, the reward for the difficulty slider is the increased challenge (they have said this a few times), not the loot. The minute increase in chance for rare drops is just a bonus/incentive for you to increase your difficulty.