Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
12-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
Can I ask where you heard this solo STF information? I've never heard anything nor my fleet.
It was brought up months ago, around the time the Undine STF came out. Wasnt anything official, just discussion about the idea, which most seemed against... I'll see if I can find the threads...
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-31-2010, 09:24 PM
The idea was talked about in several interviews with D'Stahl I believe and there was talk of developing them as single player missions with missing objectives and reduced rewards. There was never to my knowledge anything written in Stone.

Many people took different sides on the subject and I specifically remember getting an infraction for a remark I made even though I had stated that I was using a dictionary definition of a politically incorrect term. I guess no one bothers to use a dictionary except me anymore...

I considered the proposal a waste of resources that could be better used for more STF content for all players to enjoy, but hey... what do I know?
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Right, Left, Center- All the help I will give here.
Boss fight- Weapon from the Devidian missions- great for hitting shields and Boss at same time for 4 teammates sitting way back

Are you sure that gun is effective? I believe it was nerfed...How has that played in since the nerf in cure?
Nerfed yes. But only current weapon that will link multiple targets currently. It may now do same power as before, but it will hit 2 or 3 cover shields and the boss all at once. If 4 of your are doing this, you will help the melee combat person take hit points from armek and no soley rely on the person up close. I myself don't have the grpahics to see the individual shields he pops. If the video I watched you could see them and run between weak spots. Otherwise, this gun will help shoot through them.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Did you see me get pushed up the hill by the force dome? I was laughing quite a bit when that happened... got some good shots in... Armek just isn't that tough... I've seen it done several different ways... most of them are boring in my opinion... so I try and spice it up a little...

The ghost-buster gun looks perfect for players that need to get this mission finished and are not interested in my "comedic" approaches. thanks for the tip... I actual carry that with me in my inventory "just in case".
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Perhaps if someone was to share their fool-proof strategy on the forums it might give others an idea of what they can do if they come across a particular scenario.
See I have considered this but to tell the truth... all posts that have done this little thing have only led to one thing.... nerf-age.... The ability to climb to the top of the bridge and other WORTHY options have been found out and nerfed.... so I say screw cryptic... I will continue to lead people through but as for providing strategy on these forums hell no... If people want some help with these stfs I can provide you with speccing for all classes as well as fool proof strategy to ensure shield drops.... Like I say its not the mission itself that is hard... it is the stupid bugs!

edit: and if people dont think they need ground speccing for this mish, prepare for a loooooong grind
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
My only response to you if a parady of your own signature:

A famous philosopher once said, "What a man covets most but can never have, he passionately hates."
I wonder how many STF haters are still in high school?

I was going to ignore this post as more STF whining, but since you're being rude to others, had to respond....
And I just had to report and ignore you. Have a good day. Thanks mods for cleaning the trash posts off the thread so far. I don't mind discussing things with you, but know that I absolutely will not put up with you flaming me outright for having an opinion that differs from yours.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-01-2011, 07:03 PM
When a mission take HOURS to complete, people are going to have to leave, that is just a FACT. It is frustrating to see that much effort lost. Most of us have lives and obligations outside this game, and they take priority. A game that expects the player to have to put aside their responsibilities just to play long missions is going to fail miserably.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsington
When a mission take HOURS to complete, people are going to have to leave, that is just a FACT. It is frustrating to see that much effort lost. Most of us have lives and obligations outside this game, and they take priority. A game that expects the player to have to put aside their responsibilities just to play long missions is going to fail miserably.
There is only 3 borg related STF's and 1 Undine STF at the moment. This makes up less then 10 percent of game content and less then 10 percent of the STO population runs these missions. The game won't fail because of 4 missions. These shouldn't take more then 1 hour if people play as a group. Focus fire takes ships down real fast. Plenty of tips on the forums related to these missions even videos on how to do that fast. We mentioned the person who made the video's in this thread. Search for him in the forums under advanced search and watch his videos on youtube.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-01-2011, 09:15 PM
If you need help, myself, Askray, Sardoc, Napoleon_Blownapart, have all written on the current 3 Cure threads. Combined we have given alot of good information. If you want more specific info ask us via PM or so.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
And I just had to report and ignore you. Have a good day. Thanks mods for cleaning the trash posts off the thread so far. I don't mind discussing things with you, but know that I absolutely will not put up with you flaming me outright for having an opinion that differs from yours.
A) I'm not flaming you. Just repeating what you said with the opposite context. Look at your own words before juding other please. In fact I gave a constructive, well thought out reply, but of course you ignored all of it because you in fact are the one having a problem with civil discussion

B) My post hasnt been removed. No infraction given. You do realize the more you report, the more you get ignored. Dont abuse your priveledge.

C) Again, please stay on topic, dont go on a tangent/power-trip and report anyone with a different opinion as yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
Can I ask where you heard this solo STF information? I've never heard anything nor my fleet.
My main reason for replying to this thread. Check the Engineering Report for November. There are more threads I'm sure, but just happened to read over it today (around page 7-10 or so I think). Again, just rumors, dont think it was confirmed by a dev.