Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
You need to play more MMO's. I have been at raids that has lasted for 5 hours just to kill one boss and that is with 200 other players throwing everything they got at it while keeping everyone alive. That was one of the aspects of that game that everyone liked and there where usually huge PvP fights between several alliances to get to the boss because everyone wanted to kill it.
The problem with "playing more MMOs" is that I actually have a life outside playing games. It is called "Responsibilities". I, and many more like me, do not wish to be locked down into 5 straight hours to finish a mission or risk losing all progress when life calls. You know, LIFE.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsington
The problem with "playing more MMOs" is that I actually have a life outside playing games. It is called "Responsibilities". I, and many more like me, do not wish to be locked down into 5 straight hours to finish a mission or risk losing all progress when life calls. You know, LIFE.
You can play over 95% of the content in STO alone and as casual as you like (took me 10-11 months to hit VA), the less than 5% that you are complaining about is the only content in STO that requires some effort from the players.

What I meant about more MMO's is that I guess STO is your 1st MMO and that you should gain some more experience of the MMO world before complaining that something takes too long or can't be done on your own.

And yes I know about life. I sometimes only get to play for 2-3 hours a week, but I have been playing other MMO's for years and have learned to accept that some things takes allot of time and effort to get done. It's just the way it is.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
You can play over 95% of the content in STO alone and as casual as you like (took me 10-11 months to hit VA), the less than 5% that you are complaining about is the only content in STO that requires some effort from the players.
I think the problem is not the effort that players have to put into it, but merely the amount of time it takes. I think it is quite possible to make the STFs shorter, but keep them tough at the same time. I for one play the game quite regularly but still find it hard to delegate enough time to do an STF in its entirety. I don't think that I lack effort but rather time that I have no control of.

Lets face it, STFs are long because they are very redundant, you do the same thing over and over again until you find a new objective to do 5 times over. I say that if Cryptic shortens some of these objectives they still would remain tough but the overall time would maybe be shortened by an hour(?) and that would make a big difference to people who are tight on time.

Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-07-2011, 08:17 AM
IMO I love the STF's. Its the comradery and feeling of accomplishment at the end that makes each one worthwhile. If you are looking for easy missions that are quick and that you can blow through alone, stick to the Mission Replay.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleacoe View Post
IMO I love the STF's. Its the comradery and feeling of accomplishment at the end that makes each one worthwhile. If you are looking for easy missions that are quick and that you can blow through alone, stick to the Mission Replay.
Definitely true....
also makes you a better player by forcing you to actually play your toon
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-07-2011, 09:05 AM
I agree, STFs allow for better teamwork and do have a huge sense of accomplishment after you finish them. I was not suggesting they be made easier, but rather shorter by an hour(?), this in no way makes an STF easier but it opens it up for more players to do them and have fun. Why is this a bad thing and why do some of you have so many objections to it? So what if the 5 hour mission is now a 3 1/2 to 4 hour one, it is still murderously hard and require huge amounts of effort and teamwork to pull off. The only difference would be more people having the time to do them.

Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
2 hours, 33 minutes... That is my fleets record for The Cure...
1 hour 47 minutes with two newbies
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-07-2011, 11:43 AM
I have not posted on this topic yet, but I agree that The Cure is stupidly difficult and some how seems to have got even tougher.

So I have not completed this because after repeated attempts to wade through hours and hours of repetitive game play, the team ends up quitting on e by one. Even single missions are pointlessly tedious and repetitive.

I joined up at the start way back in Feb 2009 and signed up for a month, after which I cancelled my subscription because the game had lost its appeal due to the fact each mission was dragged out longer and longer as I ranked up.

After 9 months i signed up to give it another go, and was getting in to it until I reached Infected and the cure.
I am so glad I did not take a life time subscription as if Cryptic do not do something about the difficulty and time scales I will leave again.

Make the game fun and reasonable, Cryptic. We are your customers, we pay your wages. We are not test subjects in an experiment.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybaris2010 View Post
I am so glad I did not take a life time subscription as if Cryptic do not do something about the difficulty and time scales I will leave again.
Are you also asking other MMO companies to make raids so easy that you can solo them in 5 minutes as well?

No offence, but I'm starting to get tired reading all these complaints. The game is easy enough as it is and it needs some epic missions that takes time and effort, please don't ask cryptic turn STO into a 100% single player RPG there is a reason why it's called MMO.

A mission that gives you some epic loot takes you 2-5 hours, so what?

In many other MMO's you need to spend weeks of quest item farming or several days and tries to kill a Raid that can take hours to kill several time to even get it to drop if you are lucky
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Also STF's arent MENT to be Enjoyable how many more times do people need to say that?
Yes they are meant to be enjoyable. This is a game. You play it because it is enjoyable. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be playing it.

It isn't supposed to be so difficult that it ****es you off to the point of not playing it.