Lt. Commander
So there have been many posts and threads about why we need a particular uniform type not already in the game, but here is one I don't think I've seen anyone comment about before:

I was watching an episode of TOS just now and it hit me that there is another reason Kirk's wraparound uniform would be a great edition to the game. It's an actual canon uniform from TOS that would look really flattering on female Captains without being as over the top 60's era exploitative as the other TOS uniforms are.

I mean, generally speaking I stick to canon uniforms, and for awhile there I was using TOS for everybody. Then a certain female in my life saw it and boy did I get in trouble.

Its just a random thought coming from someone who probably should have gone to bed hours ago, but I wonder what the rest of you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-28-2010, 01:42 AM
I have seen it mentioned before and think it would be a decent addition to the game just to add another option.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-28-2010, 02:29 AM
I agree both that it has been mentioned before and that it would be a great addition. So would the TNG era Captain's Variant.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-28-2010, 03:39 AM
I agree that Kirk's wraparound uniform has been mentioned before. An like to see it plus TNG era Captain's Variant too in game. The only problem I see is, will they both be C-Store items or added to the uniforms that we already have. I got an idea, how about make them both Veteran Rewards. But then the Klingon players would need their own uniforms/items to equal things out. That's if they(Cryptic) does add the Kirk's wraparound & TNG era Captain's Variant.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-28-2010, 04:23 AM
I know i would love this if they added it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-28-2010, 04:25 AM
Was it green? I always thought it was gold. Maybe I'm a bit color blind or something. (AFAIK I'm not color blind...I had an eye exam a few months ago)
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-28-2010, 04:29 AM
One thing Cryptic could certainly do as a C-Store item (and probably a popular one at that) is bundle together some of these uniform variants that aren't full uniforms. I would certainly buy a bundle with the wraparound from TOS, the jacket captain's variant from TNG, the vest from movie, and so on. Each really only needs a top, since the relevant pants are already in game.

My Dream Bundle:

Green Wraparound Kirk used
Jacket/Gray shirt of Picard's
First Contact Vest
Engineer Pocket Jacket from Voyager
(and less likely)
Blue Dr.'s lab coat from TNG

Heck, I'd pay 500 points just for the wraparound and the vest.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Gold was the standard of course, but the wraparound version definitely had a green tint to it, though I seem to remember the earliest version was a bit more gold. (the one with the odd embroidery on top similar to the rank stuff on the cuff)
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-28-2010, 06:14 AM
The version that Mirror-Archer wore on the captured USS Defiant was green, too. Seemed to depend on the lighting though: example image #1, example image #2

That said, wouldn't it be better to prioritize potential uniforms based on their importance, uniqueness and popularity rather than having over 9000 threads saying "we need", followed by some random clothing that appeared once or twice on-screen? Exaggeration intended, you get my drift. We can't really ask for the entire range of clothes that appeared on Trek. A bit of focus would be mandatory.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Isn't this already in game now? I'm sure its one of the jacket options under the off-duty clothing option.