Lt. Commander
I love ship interiors. Is Cryptic leaving them the way they are? Or are they planning on updating them and smoothing out rough edges? What about the earlier statements about making ship interiors possibly functional and customizable. What about adding minigames to the Lounge area. What about things like bridge control?

These are all issues I would love to have addressed.

Thank you,
Simeet
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-28-2010, 04:49 PM
I think in Season 4 they will make NPC uniforms customizable and they will make different designs for the halls and Make a First officer system *Cryptic is in the progress of making these changes* i dont know exactly when there coming out * iv just takin these off the back of my head cause i remember the upcoming release notes
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-28-2010, 05:10 PM
There are plans to add a feature to the Foundry system so that ship interiors can be customized. I am assuming it'll be out by the end of 2011.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
There are plans to add a feature to the Foundry system so that ship interiors can be customized. I am assuming it'll be out by the end of 2011.
I am aware of this...but I was expecting a much more comprehensive approach to adding new ship interior features than just the whole Foundry customizability. I would love for an official word on adding functionality to ship interiors like the bridge, sick bay, engineering, and or adding bridge control to ship control.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeet View Post
I am aware of this...but I was expecting a much more comprehensive approach to adding new ship interior features than just the whole Foundry customizability. I would love for an official word on adding functionality to ship interiors like the bridge, sick bay, engineering, and or adding bridge control to ship control.
The last that I heard, the official word is that they would like to do more with interiors and will most likely be doing it during 2011. There are not specific features yet since they are still in the planning phase.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
They said awhile back that they were almost going to scrap interiors until the Foundry came out so they could design any interior features around the idea of custom bridge and interior layouts. The only reason they didn't scrap interiors until then was because people on Tribble liked the ones we have now... but even then, current interiors are something of a placeholder.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Ship Crew Management System (includes previous First Officer Design) is Season 4.
Functional ship interiors and ship uniforms are scheduled for Season 4 or 5.
2011 will also have passive BO abilities for “crew candidates”.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
They said awhile back that they were almost going to scrap interiors until the Foundry came out so they could design any interior features around the idea of custom bridge and interior layouts. The only reason they didn't scrap interiors until then was because people on Tribble liked the ones we have now... but even then, current interiors are something of a placeholder.
I love the idea of current interiors as a placeholder. They don't seem finished at all especially the fact all the windows are blacked out and there are almost no features associated with ship interiors. They are right now little more than a decoration.

I can't wait for ship interiors to actually come alive as they can and be a feature we all love that is vibrant and functional.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
I love the idea of current interiors as a placeholder. They don't seem finished at all especially the fact all the windows are blacked out and there are almost no features associated with ship interiors. They are right now little more than a decoration.

I can't wait for ship interiors to actually come alive as they can and be a feature we all love that is vibrant and functional.
Last I checked, windows aren't blacked out. You can look outside and see stars. Unless there is some bug that has caused the stars to vanish.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Last I checked, windows aren't blacked out. You can look outside and see stars. Unless there is some bug that has caused the stars to vanish.
Well, yes. But I see it as blacked out because you don't see what is actually out there, like in sector space or in system space. I would think eventually Cryptic will allow you to see what is actually out there. It should be possible it was done in SWG Jump to Lightspeed in 2004.

But that is just a minor thing of many great things that can be done with ship interiors.