Lt. Commander
# 21
01-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We'll definitely be making more improvements to your starship's interiors over time. There's a lot of possibility there, and we want to tap into as much of it as possible.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Something akin to the decorating options in Star Wars Galaxies perchance?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Something akin to the decorating options in Star Wars Galaxies perchance?
We can hope and dream yes? I miss my guild hall.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It's possible but remember that player avatars and ship avatars are built the same size in STO. The really big models you saw outside ESD once are actually just that - really big versions of models.

To do the ship exteriors like that, they'd need to radically redo art assets to fit that view - something very time consuming for little reward.

Most likely, they'll all unique skyboxes for major systems. That seems like the only way to realistically handle it.
indeed your ship model is in fact about 15 foot long compared to your ground character...had the chance to see myself spawn as my ship inside ESD
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Its pretty strange how things get added to the game and then pretty much ignored. Yes, they acknowledge the possibility and desire to do more with them in the future. Buts its like they had no plan ahead of simply releasing them into the game; basically like checking something on a list and then moving on. It would be really nice if things that are added to the game could continue being improved with every Season rather than simply put off until some remote point in the future when they get back around to it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I hope they do a lot more work on ship interiors, there is much more to be done and lots of room for endless possibilities. I like what is there now, but there's no reason it can't or shouldn't improve dramatically in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
We'll definitely be making more improvements to your starship's interiors over time. There's a lot of possibility there, and we want to tap into as much of it as possible.

Thanks,

Stormshade
This one should be relatively easy:
  • Create a Holodeck room for the current interiors and move Mission Replay there.
  • Holodeck Mission Reply sends you straight into the starting mission map.
  • You ship's Holodeck could also be used to play Foundry missions.

A huge improvement over the current method of having to travel to the regular mission start location for what's supposed to be a "simulation".
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
There are plans to add a feature to the Foundry system so that ship interiors can be customized. I am assuming it'll be out by the end of 2011.
Are there plans to allow the interiors created to be downloaded/applied to other peoples ships if they wished? I feel this would be quite a good little sub-culture in STO: Ship Designer.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
  • Create a Holodeck room for the current interiors and move Mission Replay there.

A huge improvement over the current method of having to travel to the regular mission start location for what's supposed to be a "simulation".
Excellent idea.

I wish they'd also add a R&D lab as well so that you would be able to craft someplace besides Memory Alpha. Another idea I've heard from another player was to add a briefing room that would allow you to pull up pre-mission intel and maps. I think that would be a very "Trek" feature.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master

THIS!

I said this the first time I heard Foundry and Replay. I said Sweet! We are gettin holodecks! But, NOPE! Now this needs to happen!
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
This is great to know...thanks for responding. I hope Cryptic can really tap in the amazing potential there with ship interiors to make STO a deeper and more fun game. The RP potential is enormous there, in addition to more gameplay options.