0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 281
05-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepton View Post
Number 9 is your only choice. It captures the spirit of Star Trek and would seem to be created by a fan and not a professional graphical artist as is true of number 6 which seems to garnering a lot of votes.
Perhaps the reason it "captures the spirit of Star Trek" so well is because it was traced off of actual ST pictures?
Lt. Commander
# 282
05-16-2009, 12:52 PM
I honestly wonder how Cryptic will resolve this 'contest'. What started as a simple, fun way to get fans involved and interactive, has now degenerated into a mud-slinging popularity election. I wonder how many fans are voting for the art, and how many are voting for the artist (or comments posted).

I have read these boards almost since they were created, and I am ashamed of us all for allowing this to happen.

Good luck to Cryptic in resolving this fairly and/or appeasing the nay-sayers.
Lt. Commander
# 283 Get Over Yourselves
05-16-2009, 12:53 PM
I could give 2 nuts, if he traced it or not... Its good work and represented a nice 3 frame comic. I believe the person in question did draw it free hand. There are people out there that can draw free hand with the right sprectral spacing. Are you going to call all of them liars and cheats because they have a gift to draw a picture to exact mesurements. All of yopu that have been beating this to death get over yourselves and your apparant envy. Lets this contest finish in the spirit it began. Lets all hope that Cryptic will allow another contest in the future, if I were them lookin at these posts... I WOULDN'T BOTHER anymore.

Out
Lt. Commander
# 284
05-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alto_Skull004 View Post
I could give 2 nuts, if he traced it or not... Its good work
If(key word) he DID trace, then how can it be "good work"? Tracing requires no skill.

Quote:
... I WOULDN'T BOTHER anymore.
Then why are you posting?
Lt. Commander
# 285
05-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
I have read these boards almost since they were created, and I am ashamed of us all for allowing this to happen.
How can you blame the community for calling out someone who may have broken the rules? TBQH, the same thing has happened in each contest thus far. Its not the community's fault Cryptic has chosen "faulty" entries, and there is nothing wrong with voicing concern over it. The only person who should be blamed are A) the possible cheaters, and B) Cryptic, if they do not address the situation and continue to choose entires that violate, or seem to violate, their own rules.
Lt. Commander
# 286
05-16-2009, 01:00 PM
What are you? And boy you take things out of context! If i were Cryptic i wouldnt bother with anymore contests. Look at yourself, take a good look in the mirror Grand Hagus, you are not the spirit of Startrek by a long shot. All you are doing is stiring things up and making people angry. So, sit back take, a chill pill, and get over yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 287
05-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Seriously? Maybe it's time for another look because (again) you don't freehand something and have every line in the scene match up perfectly with the source. I mean, there are no lines that are even a fraction of a nanometer divergent from the source.
Fingers, nose, console images, chair back, lines on the wall to the right, the area right below the narrative window at the bottom is also different fairly obviously. None of these mentioned parts are identical and are easily observed as being slightly off or more in the image you have linked to.

Really the only one's who deserve to get upset at all are the people that entered so if there are more than 19 people complaining about this then some folks need to step back.

Besides it's pretty obvious that number nine isn't going to win. Barring a sudden flood of votes 6 is pretty much the easy winner. So why you guys are insisting upon throwing a fit is beyond me.

Yes Cryptic really needs to be more careful in how they word everything about their contests, unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon. Get used to it not being exactly spelled out and murky and move on.

Trust me I've been in betas with Cryptic it's slow and generally not fun at all, they work you hard and kick you out if you don't log in frequently and actually test the things they tell you to.

Playing in a beta is like watching a movie without any special effects, music, anything...heck it's like watching the actors sit at a table and read the lines by comparison to the final product. Personally these are things I love which is why I beta test stuff, not for a free preview but to help shape the game.
Lt. Commander
# 288
05-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Fingers, nose, console images, chair back, lines on the wall to the right, the area right below the narrative window at the bottom is also different fairly obviously. None of these mentioned parts are identical and are easily observed as being slightly off or more in the image you have linked to.
They may be slightly off color, but the lines match exactly. The only things that are different are things that he REMOVED (or rather, didn't bother to trace) from the original image. And I don't buy that spectral spacing leads you to EXACT line matches particularly in the case of the curved viewscreen in the image.

It is the height of naivete to believe that it isn't traced.

Quote:
Besides it's pretty obvious that number nine isn't going to win. Barring a sudden flood of votes 6 is pretty much the easy winner. So why you guys are insisting upon throwing a fit is beyond me.
Principles. Standards. A general unwillingness to be bamboozled.
Lt. Commander
# 289
05-16-2009, 04:03 PM
I Submitted Number 9

Again I will state that every line is drawn by my hand. I used photographic reference but I created those images using a Waycom tablet and Photoshop. It is not a filter or a simple trace job.

I had no intentions of posting in this contest forum again but after reading some of the rudest comments I have seen on here yet I feel I am again forced to respond. I am a Professional artist who went to school for art and and has a degree in it. I have done work for the city of Cincinnati, I have entered and won art contests before, my work has been featured in publication, and I have had my art turned into sculpture.

Let me say again I truly appreciate those of you who have been respectful and very kind in defending me. To those of you who have been rude though, the contest is over. Let's put this behind us and move on. If cryptic decides they would like to further review my work I will send them copies of the originals and they can look for them selves. Believe me or not I think it is time to give this subject a rest.

Congratulations to the winner.

Remember guys this is Star Trek it is supposed to be fun.
Lt. Commander
# 290
05-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Quote:
What are you? And boy you take things out of context!
Your statement was not taken out of context, I simply quoted the one sentence I was replying to.

Quote:
If i were Cryptic i wouldnt bother with anymore contests.
Then you are a quitter, rather than someone who learns from your mistakes. No one has ever requested Cryptic stop having contests, only that they actually enforce their OWN rules, and clarify them when unclear. That is NOT too much to ask.

Quote:
Look at yourself, take a good look in the mirror Grand Hagus, you are not the spirit of Startrek by a long shot.
Because I dont support rule breaking and actually expect Cryptic to enforce their own rules? Right. If rule breaking and supporting those that do it is your defintion of "the spirit of Star Trek", then no, I am not that.

Quote:
All you are doing is stiring things up and making people angry.
Maybe you didnt notice, but I didnt bring this up. I'm merely commenting on what someone has said, just like you are doing.

Quote:
So, sit back take, a chill pill, and get over yourself.
Pot meet kettle
Closed Thread