Lt. Commander
Hi,

*SPOILER WARNING - DONT READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED KA YET*

I finally completed KA after months of trying. I think the borg reward finally prompted people to play it as befoe i had alot of troube finiding a team.

Anyway, I get most of the story but im a bit confiused and wonderd if anyone knows why the old (TNG) style borg were buried under the vega colony in the first place?

I get that the borg from our time went back there to upgrade them and conquer the federation, and that by significantly reducing the numbers of borg we sllow our noob captians in the tutorial to succeed, but how did the old borg get there in the first place?

Please if you can clear this up id be grateful.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-29-2010, 04:45 AM
There is very litte background as to "Why".

Quote:
You are in a construction facility of some sort, sir. I'm reading two distinct types of Borg in your vicinity. Many of them are in stasis and disconnected from the Collective. They're older, sir -- they may have been here for years!
The other type of Borg I'm reading are the ones from our current timeline -- the Borg we followed through the spatial rift. These Borg may be using the drones in masse for something. Shock troops, perhaps? <rank>, I recommend that you go deeper into the base and try to determine exactly what is going on he
That is pretty much all the info you've recived. Maybe "The Hive" (hopefully an upcoming STF now that Gozer's back), will shed some light on it, but it is doubtful we will ever know.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I'd guess they were a "Plan B" in case the attack on Earth didn't go as planned except they got the situation resolved in such a way that they probably weren't able to activate the extra drones.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-05-2011, 08:46 AM
After blowing up the assimilator and sheild device things on the ground part, there is some text to read from one of your boffs who accesses a computer or something. I ddint get a chance to read it because the team moved on but I thought it was giving some reason for the underground base being there.

It makes sense that the Borg in our time, having been defeated by the Feds and KDF generally throughut the Gamma Orionis sector seek to pre empt the attacks by going back in time with a small force and activating a vast army of borg sleeping under the Vega Colony. We follow them back and thwart the plan which ironically for them ends up with the Federation mounting an offensive into Borg space.

Id still like to know why those old, weak Borg and the base were there though and if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Also, if anyone has a link to al the mission text including what the boff says during the ground part please post the link.

Thanks