Lt. Commander
# 1 Captain's Table is Eye Sore
12-29-2010, 06:02 AM
I really feel that having that glowing light in Sol and Quo'nos is a real eye sore. It sticks out and really doesnt make any sense for it to be there.

Also given that the Captain's table has the similar amenities to Space Dock and the Great Hall, it really serves no purpose being there. It would be much more useful if it was placed in a sector that was out of the way or if it was not placed anywhere. But instead was accessible through a type of transwarp command(not on same cooldown as others) that would take the player there.

Just my thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-29-2010, 06:07 AM
/agreed

Never liked the ball of light sitting out there either.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-29-2010, 06:17 AM
To me, what would make more sense is to make the Captains' Table a place withing ESD and the Great Hall that is only accessable by people who have been given access. For everyone else, the door stays closed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-29-2010, 06:19 AM
I don't really mind where it is at. I just wish it had a greater usefulness. I stop by everyonce in a while (just because I can) to check it out always hoping to see more people there. It is usually just one or two people not really doing anything. I know there are more lifers than that lol! Hopefully Cryptic decides to rework the Captains Table .
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-29-2010, 06:31 AM
Never mind the blue portals that permit access to the Captain's table... The actual captain's table is an eyesore... (The interior.)

I agree that the entrance could be moved - Maybe to a location on the ESD/Qo'noS maps that is hidden away in a corner (Like behind Earth/Qo'noS)? An alternative would be to do away with the portals altogether and give lifers/vets a transwarp ability that takes them to the captain's table.Or maybe one portal could be added to a neutral part of sector space which can be visited by Feds and Klingons. Although the portal being moved/replaced/ect. would be nice, it's not a priority.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-29-2010, 06:32 AM
Every time I see that portal I think Devidians are about to invade Earth. D:
Lt. Commander
# 7 capt.'s table
12-29-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
I really feel that having that glowing light in Sol and Quo'nos is a real eye sore. It sticks out and really doesnt make any sense for it to be there.

Also given that the Captain's table has the similar amenities to Space Dock and the Great Hall, it really serves no purpose being there. It would be much more useful if it was placed in a sector that was out of the way or if it was not placed anywhere. But instead was accessible through a type of transwarp command(not on same cooldown as others) that would take the player there.

Just my thoughts.
the capt.'s table was for life time members . now there going to let ppl that have 400 days of game play in thats not right to start with ... the capt.'s table is better because not that many ppl can get in it you dont have all the bs like sol . and there should be warp hole to capt.;s table in ever place there is a base k7 ,24,d9 and more.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-29-2010, 06:38 AM
I don't mind it. What I do mind is where it's located for Klingons. Do you have any idea how many times I've transported down to Quonos by accident? Or how no matter what path you take, just approaching the anamoly has the transport requester pop up?

It's annoying. And then there's the fact that when feds transwarp to ESD, it's right there, no obstruction. When Klingons transwarp home, they have to travell around the planet which results in a lot of nasty collisions with the planet. Steering around the planet doesn't help unless you steer WAY AROUND it. As in take the longest route possible. and even then you STILL have to close off half a dozen transport to Great Hall request dialogs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:

Just my thoughts.
I agree. The Captain's Table is a place out of time, not in any sector of space. The portal is temporal in nature. It should be something you can access from anywhere simply by clicking an icon in your tray: "Mr. Robbins, begin calculations for time-warp." If you are in Gamma Orionis and use the icon to go to the Captain's Table it will return you to Gamma Orionis upon exit.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
I agree with you. I've suggested a few times to Cryptic that they change the... blob in space... to a transwarp gate as that would make alot more sense.. I hope they do something like that when they have the time.