Lt. Commander
# 11
12-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
I really feel that having that glowing light in Sol and Quo'nos is a real eye sore. It sticks out and really doesnt make any sense for it to be there.

Also given that the Captain's table has the similar amenities to Space Dock and the Great Hall, it really serves no purpose being there. It would be much more useful if it was placed in a sector that was out of the way or if it was not placed anywhere. But instead was accessible through a type of transwarp command(not on same cooldown as others) that would take the player there.

Just my thoughts.
It should be a random glowing door to a bar with a sign above it that says "Captain's Table" on every social zone ground map just like it is in the books.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
It should be a random glowing door to a bar with a sign above it that says "Captain's Table" on every social zone ground map just like it is in the books.
this!

or they should remove it.
it has no use anyway
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohbier View Post
this!

or they should remove it.
it has no use anyway
I think a good analogy in the Cryptic engine is in Champions Online. A door to the PowerHouse in that game is on every social area map. Captain's Table should be like that in STO - part of the scenery. A building/doorway normal people would just ignore, but that only people who knew about it would go to.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-02-2011, 12:47 AM
They should make it accessible from your ready room. That is closer to the lore of it, as I understand it.

But I do agree the portal seems very out of place, and isn't even convenient.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-02-2011, 12:54 AM
honestly i think it would be better suited for an "altered transporter pad" on ESD. it really does look terrible hanging around outside ESD in space.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Dont have access just yet but i agree it would be nice just as a secret doorway somewhere.....
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-02-2011, 05:40 AM
it should be added to the menu bar, or as a ground/transwarp 'power' that doesn't affect recharge on the other ones.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Why not make the captains table entry point a door on the ESD? Even better, just get rid of it since it is completely useless. Do people even go there anymore?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-02-2011, 09:57 AM
I've seen ideas around threads asking for the Captain's Table to be the top deck of ESD or some special hall on the Klingon homeworld. Both accessable from doorways,etc.

Also I'm for instant travel via transwarp to em too :p

I'm only a 331 day vet though....so I'll have to wait . It's going to suck though when 400 hits....I'll feel bad for the lifers. The amount of immaturity I have to /ignore everyday on ESD will be going to the Table...at times I'm embarrassed to be a part of the near-400's, yet again it was worth being here sinse Beta/Headstart :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-02-2011, 10:04 AM
People that don't like it could just not go there and stop complaining about it, since nothing requires you to go there...... nah too simple.

I'd like the door myself, no to a transwarp gate, and the l'il light blob doesn't bug me at all.