Lt. Commander
# 11
05-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Cool. Good for this guy.

I used to think working for a game company would be a dream job. But now, I waver on whether it would be good to test video games for a living. I test network and CPOE software now, and play games with much of my free time. So my hobby would become my job. No matter how much I love a game, I'm not sure I would want to have to test it 40+ hours/week. Pluys, sometimes they wouldn't be games you are into.

On the flip side, the technology of making a game, and the fact you get an end product that gives a lot of people enjoyment would make it attractive. Plus there is a lot of things to poke at and run experiments on in a game, which is what makes it interesting for me. Testing network products you don't get a lot of feedback from your customers when it all works great and they rarely love using it, no matter how good it is. They mostly just want it to work reliably.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Definitely consider me jealous as well, because reading this article definitely makes me want to work at Cryptic Studios as well. It's good to know a little bit more about the process involved in making the game, especially from this perspective. Thanks for writing and posting this insightful article -- it was a great read!
Lt. Commander
# 13 Star Trek: Online Game
05-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Btw When is the game suppose to be out?? I been looking for it since this website came online...