Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Yeah I'd kinda like this sorta thing too.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Could even generate more C-Store sales (you listening Marketing?)

One reason I haven't bought the extra playable races is I know I won't be leveling another (Federation anyway) character.

If I could swap races (as well as class etc), I'd be tempted to muck around and every now and then switch races on my toon.... which would necessitate me purchasing those races.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-29-2010, 07:58 AM
I'd love a trait respec.

Had I known when I made my ground tac that the hold and stun resist traits didn't actually work.....
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-29-2010, 08:00 AM
I just don't want to have to do the tutorial over and over and over again....
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHawkeye View Post
Could even generate more C-Store sales (you listening Marketing?)

One reason I haven't bought the extra playable races is I know I won't be leveling another (Federation anyway) character.

If I could swap races (as well as class etc), I'd be tempted to muck around and every now and then switch races on my toon.... which would necessitate me purchasing those races.
Indeed. I would be tempted to change my gender to male and **** around as an engineer instead of a tac. Only thing stopping me is time. I'd be glad to sink a few quid into a respec that'll do that.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-29-2010, 08:08 AM
I agree that this should be an option in the services section of the c-store.

I have no interest in changing my main character's race or gender, but it'd be nice to be able to go back and change the traits/skill bonuses.

I'd say put it up there for 500-800 cryptic points, and the character change should include:
-Altering your class (engineer/science/tactical)
-Altering your race
-Altering your gender
-Altering your racial traits/skill bonuses
-Altering your character's appearance for no credit fee
-Altering your character's name without a merit/honor fee
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatality1963 View Post
As my subject title says, I would pay a good deal of money to be able to change my race and sex without actually starting the game over from the beginning. I already have advanced a certain degree in the game and spent over 50 hours so far into the game. So I really don't want to start over. I know that I can respec. But what I want is to change my race and sex.

There is no way for me to change my race without starting over is there?

Thanks for your response.
This is an old and frequent request. There have been at least 3 other threads that I can think of requesting this same exact thing.

March
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=2357086

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=141830

April
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148885

July
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=166519

For what it's worth /signed (again)
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-Dax View Post
Well, if you could do that, then I would suggest Profession also be included. That would make life a lot easier.
In most games, I'd support limiting these kinds of account services to species and gender but the game is so remarkably similar, regardless of class, that I see no reason not to include class as well.

Heck, in terms of space play, class makes almost no difference anyway and I'd consider a thoughtful part of a ground overhaul to be something that looks at possibly merging the classes into specializations of a single class that we can respec between with a standard respec token.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-29-2010, 10:06 AM
i'd pay for a sex-change doctor to be placed at ESD.

DAMMIT, JIM, when you said "snip snip" you should have come to me!
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
i'd pay for a sex-change doctor to be placed at ESD.

DAMMIT, JIM, when you said "snip snip" you should have come to me!
That's funny! Yep a plastic surgeon at ESD that could physically change your race would be nice. Having an option to change your species and primary traits would be great. Basically I just want a new character without starting the game over.

People change their character in WOW from time to time. So it shouldn't be that big a deal to do in this game.