Lt. Commander
# 181 No Updates Is Bad News
12-29-2010, 09:19 AM
For those of us newbies, this type of holiday five hour server downtime is convincing me that going past my thirty days is a waste. I only have a few windows of play opportunity and this one has burned me nicely. Unfortunately, tech support during the holidays is thin as is other work as many are on VC or traveling. But isn't that always when the big problems occur, when no one is around?

The Tic Tac Toe server never goes down.
Lt. Commander
# 182
12-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Alright, I know exactly what to do to cure my boredom.

I'm going to rip the TOS episode "Miri," edit Pedobear's face over every frame of Kirk's, and upload it to YouTube.
Lt. Commander
# 183
12-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabashtex View Post
The Tic Tac Toe server never goes down.
that line is...
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ch_win_cry.png
Lt. Commander
# 184
12-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Im liking this star trek online radio thing someone posted back on page 7 or so... Good mix
Lt. Commander
# 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderinchief View Post
to be fair, in the past 16 days we have had major patch's and minor patch's, and everytime we get a major patch there are issues for some reason, but to base your review off of only the past 16 days is a bit unfair.
Aye, good point to be honest. I'm just cheesed off that I got time to play again and the server is down. It has been an excellnt game so far though and I think I'll stop my whining!

Got some spicey onion rings, and some other bits in the oven, a cold beer, and hopefluly some more time tonight... it ain't all bad.
Lt. Commander
# 186
I'm calling shenanigans on each and everyone of you
Lt. Commander
# 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDwyer View Post

I've been playing for about 16 days, and only when a busy family life lets me. It seems to me that there is more down time than playing time... surely this game should be called Star Trek Offline!?

I'm guessing that there is some dodgey small print in the T&C that says something about time played per calender month that stops grumpy old gits like me demanding some of my monthly subscription back?

Frustrating and downright unprofessional in my opinion.

Well, if you didn't have a busy family life...you would be playing more. 16 days? That's hardly even enough time to make such an assessment. It really doesn't go down all that often.
Lt. Commander
# 188 really
12-29-2010, 09:25 AM
really asking a question is going to prevent the server from comming back up or maybe slow it down for real? common people are writing on this forum no matter what they say or ask it will be read so if its a question or comment one would think it would take the same time away from repair time , right. so maybe we should all stop playing on the forum.............................um or maybe get real and see that question or comment its not going to keep the techies from doing their jobs, so saying it will is a little slow minded of you.
Lt. Commander
# 189
12-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvenPhoenix View Post
Alright, I know exactly what to do to cure my boredom.

I'm going to rip the TOS episode "Miri," edit Pedobear's face over every frame of Kirk's, and upload it to YouTube.
Then you must link it,
Lt. Commander
# 190
12-29-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't really see STO go down that often at all. WoW goes down far more, although Guild Wars goes down... Kinda never.

People get kinda mad because they don't understand MMOs. And their anger compounds itself in exaggeration.