Lt. Commander
# 61
12-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apt.pupil
just tell your missus apt.pupil said "hi darl".

that should get you permission to resub again
Haha, I'll go ahead and try that
Lt. Commander
# 62
12-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiuskerensky View Post
And thats why I listen to Subspace Radio at
http://www.subspace-radio.net/

for all my STO musical needs
or you listen to http://www.trekradio.net/

a great bunch of dj's and a great community
Lt. Commander
# 63
12-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfchance
Haha, I'll go ahead and try that
good boy.

you make me proud
Lt. Commander
# 64
Aight Nova... while I appreciate the fact that there is something screwball going on with the servers, more than just a simple restart would fix, time to update the customers on wth is going on.

Go find the closest server geek and run after him while he is making mad dashes between the server clusters, ask him wth is up, write down whatever he says, and come back and tell us.
Lt. Commander
# 65
They really ought to make this more modular.

Ie. When it goes down, only have it go down for that one mirror, and keep the EU one up or vice versa. Then have that mirror sync the changes before going back on-line whilst the other one is kept up. Or, have an active/passive set up so it can fail over.

That may be a bit simplistic but there HAS to be a better solution than keeping the game down for everyone all day.
Lt. Commander
# 66
12-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apt.pupil
good boy.

you make me proud
When you mention his name, make sure you mention me, coz it was one banging night.....
Lt. Commander
# 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomnut View Post
They really ought to make this more modular.

Ie. When it goes down, only have it go down for that one mirror, and keep the EU one up or vice versa. Then have that mirror sync the changes before going back on-line whilst the other one is kept up.

That may be a bit simplistic but there HAS to be a better solution than keeping the game down for everyone all day.
noes.

I lag badly when connecting to cryptic UK server
Lt. Commander
# 68
well if you want to watch startrek movies or shows for FREE start search here : http://search.ovguide.com/?q=star+trek&ci=101

something to do...........
Lt. Commander
# 69
12-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCody
The server rarely goes down... But for you people who want others to lose their job because of a server issue, well you sound like Nazi's.... If you truly think servers work 100% of the time and never have any problems, especially a world wide server for multi online playing you need a wake up call. Its actually 2010 NOT 2409... Servers crap out all the time and Im pretty impressed with Cryptics and their team so far... Goodluck NOVA
Okay...as godwin's law has again been proved to be correct I think it's time to put an end to this discussion and get the servers running...

I don't see however what's the correlation between Nazis and servers?!
Lt. Commander
# 70
12-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Their are few illnesses more damaging than impatience. Let's all breathe a bit, eh?