Lt. Commander
# 71
12-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Last.Red.Shirt View Post
Aight Nova... while I appreciate the fact that there is something screwball going on with the servers, more than just a simple restart would fix, time to update the customers on wth is going on.

Go find the closest server geek and run after him while he is making mad dashes between the server clusters, ask him wth is up, write down whatever he says, and come back and tell us.
why would knowing help you in any way what-so-ever? It is enough to know the servers are down and they are working on the issue, if they had a firm ETA I am sure they would give it. but harassing the person doing the fixing is the best way to make it take longer.
Lt. Commander
# 72
12-29-2010, 08:34 AM
How long does everyone think it will be before there's a third announcement stating there is a slight oversight in the latest patch that causes the server to die and that they're going to roll back to the previous version, ETA tomorrow cus everyone is prepping for new years and isn't contracted to come in evenings as a favor?

Lt. Commander
# 73
12-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdata View Post
Okay...as godwin's law has again been proved to be correct I think it's time to put an end to this discussion and get the servers running...

I don't see however what's the correlation between Nazis and servers?!
because the cleaner who keeps unplugging the server to plug in her vacuum needs to go
Lt. Commander
# 74
12-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apt.pupil
noes.

I lag badly when connecting to cryptic UK server
Yeah but does it really need to be all about you? I mean theres a wholle continent that could be kept playing, whilst everyone else has to put up with a little lag if you choose to. Vice versa if the EU one was to go down, the US could be kept happily playing.
Lt. Commander
# 75
12-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomnut View Post
Yeah but does it really need to be all about you? I mean theres a wholle continent that could be kept playing, whilst everyone else has to put up with a little lag if you choose to. Vice versa if the EU one was to go down, the US could be kept happily playing.
when i say lag, im talking about the kind where i go snapping back and forth for minutes at a time
Lt. Commander
# 76
12-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
because the cleaner who keeps unplugging the server to plug in her vacuum needs to go
Either that or they need to buy a bigger extension lead......
Lt. Commander
# 77
12-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCody
The server rarely goes down... But for you people who want others to lose their job because of a server issue, well you sound like Nazi's.... If you truly think servers work 100% of the time and never have any problems, especially a world wide server for multi online playing you need a wake up call. Its actually 2010 NOT 2409... Servers crap out all the time and Im pretty impressed with Cryptics and their team so far... Goodluck NOVA
Good to see Godwins Law applies as much here as anywhere else. I also don't see why wanting a service that we all pay for to be stress tested, bug and memory leak free and sufficently mirrored to be able to redirect traffic, makes us look like Nazi's.
Lt. Commander
# 78
12-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderinchief View Post
Either that or they need to buy a bigger extension lead......
or tell the employee who spilled their packet of chips on the floor just after the cleaner cleaned the room
Lt. Commander
# 79
Quote:
maybe we should donate a plugbar to cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igax View Post
why would knowing help you in any way what-so-ever? It is enough to know the servers are down and they are working on the issue, if they had a firm ETA I am sure they would give it. but harassing the person doing the fixing is the best way to make it take longer.
Knowing counts towards accountability...
I am not sure about yours but my subscription fee pays for customer service...
I am a customer and I would like to know what is the problem with the service.