Lt. Commander
# 11
12-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delynandir
"I touch myself because STO doesn't provide me with what I need" threads

Can I start this thread without getting banned? I'm a little scared to find out.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-29-2010, 02:26 PM
This thread should be in General Community Feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry, but Cryptic have a section of the forum called "General Community Feedback", please go and post your complaints in the forum section thats actually set aside for it. I am tired of logging into here and seeing "This is the last straw", "Cryptic what are you doing" and my favourite "I touch myself because STO doesn't provide me with what I need" threads, not only does it make this section look untidy, but possible players would see it and then leave just because YOU have a gripe with the game and want everyone to read it, because lets face it, no-one really goes into their unless they want to gripe about something or give Cryptic an ego high five.

(P.S. I would block any threads like it I saw in question from view but I don't get that option, and I'm surprised the forum mods have allowed this to go on for as long as it has (basically since BETA).

Regards
Delyn
Why isn't this thread in "General Community Feedback"? You contradict yourself and make your OP null and void
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
"I touch myself because STO doesn't provide me with what I need"
Ok dude....I heard Trekkies were weird....but you need some serious professional help.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
So...you're complaining about people complaining? In the forum that is meant for Star Trek Online Discussion?
Probably because that is the only way he can get his point across to the people who are complaining in the wrong forum section? A snark attitude will only get in return another snark attitude. Congratulations. Not to mention that post will only make you look foolish. It sure as hell did not impress me.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
This thread should be in General Community Feedback.
Then you miss the point of his thread. He was trying to appeal to the people who posted in the General Discussion thread since that is where the problem is.

Seems common sense is becoming more and more an issue these days.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Then you miss the point of his thread. He was trying to appeal to the people who posted in the General Discussion thread since that is where the problem is.

Huh? This thread was moved FROM the Star Trek Online Discussion forum. A bit ironic, if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:

See, seems common sense is becoming more and more of an issue these days. I used sarcasm to make a joke about the proper place to post his complaint thread. Which the thread was moved to the proper place to post it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Probably because that is the only way he can get his point across to the people who are complaining in the wrong forum section? A snark attitude will only get in return another snark attitude. Congratulations. Not to mention that post will only make you look foolish. It sure as hell did not impress me.
So let me get this straight.

Pointing out that someone is making a thread, solely for the purpose of complaining about people complaining, in the very forum he claims isn't meant for complaint threads is somehow foolish?

And I'm also supposed to care that I didn't impress you?

My life is now incomplete, and I have no more reason to live.

See what I did thar?
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-30-2010, 03:00 AM
Oh dear it seems that some people dont have a sense of humour

Yes it was a bit of slapstick by posting it in their (it's not hypocrisy if it was intended knowingly and with a certain intent even if it wasn't made completely clear strangely enough) and then pointing people to a forum section that barely anyone reads (and of course the part that was most quoted then moderated out that people seemed to take seriously - those that did see the humour, I apologise if you thought this bit was posted at you), but all in all the heart of the message is correct.

In the end of it all the fact the moderators moved this thread shows that threads like this (Even the more serious complaints) DO belong in general community feedback and not in the place where we come to have a discussion about STO and not an argument, lets face it the STO community loves a good little argument and having it in one of the first places people will look, even if it is a small number of people in the community, looks bad.

(P.S. Thank you Wraiven for actually having some sense and not trying to flame a thread that was making a valid and "logical" point)

To prove that the thread isn't flame bait I removed a section here pertaining to how many of you use the word Logical and Vulcans (See moderator I did learn from my warning!)

(P.P.S. @Mod Team: If your not going to make people use the section of the forum that was designed for complaints and feedback (I would like to make it clear that this would all be based on what the op posts in the first post), then why have a section in the forums for it?) - serious question.

Regards
Delyn

Oh and I would appreciate it if people would refrain from arguing/flaming in here, try and be civil