Lt. Commander
# 21
12-30-2010, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delynandir
There was text here.
But Chat's avatar ated it.
Yes yes thats all fine and dandy... but we really need to that link to the thread about people touching themselves.

Technically criticism(that would be your average complaints) does belong in in this section since generally it is proving feedback rather than just discussing where the game is flawed.
(ok so it is usually both but never mind that...)
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-30-2010, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Yes yes thats all fine and dandy... but we really need to that link to the thread about people touching themselves.

Technically criticism(that would be your average complaints) does belong in in this section since generally it is proving feedback rather than just discussing where the game is flawed.
(ok so it is usually both but never mind that...)
Unfortunately the Cryptic Mod Team have requested that I no longer discuss that particular comment as it is regarded generally as "offensive, crude and vulgar" (although in context it was funny) and would have to ask people don't refer to it to prevent them recieving warnings too !

If you look at it close enough discussing where the game is flawed and feedback are both strictly speaking the exact same thing. Talking about flaws is feeding back to the devs where the game could be improved or where a mistake has been made and feedback is...well...feedback

Basically if the comments in the first post pertain to either of these it should be thrown in here instead of cluttering up the most used section of the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
So let me get this straight.

Pointing out that someone is making a thread, solely for the purpose of complaining about people complaining, in the very forum he claims isn't meant for complaint threads is somehow foolish?
He obviously posted it there because that was the place of the root problem. The people who use that forum to complain on a regular basis would be more likely to see it there, since that is the place they obviously think they are supposed to go in order to complain. Makes sense to me. So to answer your question, yes...that makes you foolish.

Quote:
And I'm also supposed to care that I didn't impress you?
My statement did not require you caring. It was a fact. Whether or not you care is your issue, not mine.

Quote:
My life is now incomplete, and I have no more reason to live.
There are people with the proper education in Psychiatry for that very thing. I suggest you call a Suicide Hot Line. I am sure they can lead you in the right direction.

Quote:
See what I did thar?
No...did you actually do something that I should have taken notice to?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
He obviously posted it there because that was the place of the root problem. The people who use that forum to complain on a regular basis would be more likely to see it there, since that is the place they obviously think they are supposed to go in order to complain. Makes sense to me...

Which is exactly why people put posts complaining about the CStore there, nobody pays attention to the other forums, I had to actually search for this thread since it had been moved. Put a post in any other section and you might as well be putting it into a hole, filling it with rocks, and salting the earth behind because nothing is going to grow there.

I can understand the need for other forum sections but people don't seem to understand human nature and the culture that develops in these games.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-05-2011, 06:08 AM
Nerf complaining.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Nerf complaining.
Forumz R OP. Nurf forumz.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-05-2011, 01:32 PM
The forums were nerfed at inception. Cryptic seems to have absolutely no idea how communities interact not that the forum structures themselves are much help in the matter.

Ingame and out of game, the community aspects are rudmentary at best, cavemen did a better job of creating communities when they invented fire. We have no usable social areas with no reason to be in them. The forum structure itself inhibits Cryptic trying to make the forums not have deadspots that few enter without a very specific cause.

These are bigger problems than they appear.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Nerf complaining.
Nerf Roaches! Now where did I leave that can of RAID...
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-06-2011, 01:05 AM
The irony of this thread is awesomesauce.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-06-2011, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Nerf Roaches! Now where did I leave that can of RAID...

RAID!!!!
YIPE YIPE YIPE YIPE YIPE YIPE YIPE YIPE yipe yipe yipe