Lt. Commander
# 1 I lost it
12-29-2010, 02:13 PM
I had my graphics settings tweaked so everything looked crisp and for a while it was running good . I hit the button to revert to default settings when I was supposed to press something else . Now when I try to tweak the graphics everything looks fuzzy , well the ships and the charatcers. Is there anything i can do about this to get it back to what it was ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-29-2010, 05:45 PM
No and I am not sure there is even a way to save a setting once you have a setting you like. I know there isnt any in game mechanics for it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-30-2010, 01:52 AM
Well by some miracle I must have pressed the right button because everything went back to normal . I pressed geeze the name escapes me but it was something like turning off "half graphics " or "visuals" .
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Graphics preferences are stored here by default:

C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata\Gameprefs.pref

If you make regular backups of your system, you can simply try restoring that specific file.
Ensign
# 5
03-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
Graphics preferences are stored here by default:

C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata\Gameprefs.pref

If you make regular backups of your system, you can simply try restoring that specific file.
I've tried this it doesn't help, all after ARC install, graphics blurry, please fix.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Holy necro-post there tonybudz. As a general rule I really wouldn't go tweaking files on any frequently updated s/w, when using advice that is over three years old (STO file deletion/restore can be pretty benign though).

Blurry graphics after a new installation are often a result of the client occasionally setting itself to half-resolution on initial configuration. Go into Options - Video - Half Resolution and set to OFF (toggling ON and back OFF if already set).

Should that fail, see if typing the /renderscale 1 command in the chat window, provides any relief. See also here.

EDIT
Hey hey now!

BAD ZOMBIE BAD GO BACK TO THE GROUND!

Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded to in 30 days please don't bring it back up If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one!

/Closed ~Askray

Last edited by askray; 03-12-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Closed Thread