Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
1. Social Community Areas
Hello, why is DS9 and areas like Risa and Earth Spacedock so barren and empty. These should be active social zones. It must have something to do with the zoning instances of the Cryptic engine. Why is Risa so barren and desert like? Shouldn't there be like a bar or something?

2. Bugs
Severe bugs ruin the flow of the game. Needs to be fixed or dramatically reduced.

3. Ground Combat
I know this is coming for a revamp, but please make it quick. This is killing the game and preventing it from growing and surviving. Probably the most critical issue.

4. Exploration Revamp
They said this is coming too, but please make it quick. Exploration needs to be rewarding and fun, not the way it is now

5. Ship Interiors
As of now, ship interiors are merely a placeholder. It needs to come alive with missions and boarding parties attacks...functionality...customizations..intracta bility...new interior sets...bridge control..etc.

6. New Content
New playable races, new areas to explore, new ships, new weapons, new missions, more end-game content

7. Starfleet Academy
This is a must and I was shocked this is missing from Earth.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-29-2010, 08:14 PM
So you want everything.

Shocked.

Most of the stuff on your list they have already said will be in the game. Eventually.

Thanks for posting thou. I was just thinking we needed yet another redundant I-WANT list. I would die from shock and withdrawl symptoms if there wasn't one of these or a C Store-IS-EVIL thread posted daily.

Now I will be able to live to see another day.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-29-2010, 08:23 PM
My Top Three: :p
1) Exploration Overhaul: More persistent zones and optional territory control (either directly through PvP or indirectly through PvE progression through a nebula).

2) PvP. Adding PvP support to the Foundry is great way to start (hopefully, we can spice things up beyond mere kill 15 players or "stay in one place the longest with players"). A few more open pvp systems - like Ker'rat but bug-free would nice. Add in a dash of snix's promised tournaments on the weekends, some territory control, and starbase raids and you've got a winner. Labeling the KDF as a PvP faction when there wasn't much PvP to begin with precipitated a lot of these issues.

3) Foundry: Ultimately, Cryptic handing over some of their magic powers to us benefits everyone. The Foundry means there will be more content (and generally well-designed, non-exploitable content too). However, Foundry oisn't live yet and it really does need this time to add features like branching dialogue, more triggers, custom skies, and PvP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Two things:

1. The Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons is not a role model.

2. How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie is a wonderful book.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad-NYC
Two things:

1. The Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons is not a role model.

2. How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie is a wonderful book.
LOL!

You win the thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad-NYC
Two things:

1. The Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons is not a role model.

2. How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie is a wonderful book.
hahahahaha
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
So you want everything.

Shocked.

Most of the stuff on your list they have already said will be in the game. Eventually.

Thanks for posting thou. I was just thinking we needed yet another redundant I-WANT list. I would die from shock and withdrawl symptoms if there wasn't one of these or a C Store-IS-EVIL thread posted daily.

Now I will be able to live to see another day.
All due respect, your SARCASM is not really warranted. These are serious deficits in the game, if resolved would really breathe new life into STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeet View Post
1. Social Community Areas Hello, why is DS9 and areas like Risa and Earth Spacedock so barren and empty. These should be active social zones. It must have something to do with the zoning instances of the Cryptic engine. Why is Risa so barren and desert like? Shouldn't there be like a bar or something?
I want to say because these are meant to be role-play locations, and well...let's face it...there aren't many who really RP to the kind of extent that people like me would like. Its the same thing with ship interiors. These places all have a lot of potential for public RP but I for one don't see many RPers in the game. Could be I'm not looking in the right places at the right times but from my experiences with other MMO's, role-playing players seem to be the minority of video game entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeet View Post
3. Ground Combat I know this is coming for a revamp, but please make it quick. This is killing the game and preventing it from growing and surviving. Probably the most critical issue.
This I couldn't agree with more. Check out this most recent thread war -->right here<-- that I had with a guy who would have you and everyone else believe that ground combat right now is just fine and dandy because he has magic formula tactics that make the system "fun" for him, and since people don't agree, we're all idiots. It should prove an interesting if not entertaining read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeet View Post
6. New Content New playable races, new areas to explore, new ships, new weapons, new missions, more end-game content
Actually no...this is what I think has been their mistake all through 2010. They need to halt for a bit on new content and prowl through the content that is already existent and fix the myriad of bugs that currently plague the game. Things like typos, missing text which results in visual programming script, and a slew of other things. New content is great and all, but they need to devote more man power into polishing the game with the stuff that's already there. I think Season 4 is going to be very good for the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeet View Post
7. Starfleet Academy This is a must and I was shocked this is missing from Earth.
I guarantee it would just be another lifeless RP location, just like Risa and ship interiors.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeet View Post
All due respect, your SARCASM is not really warranted. These are serious deficits in the game, if resolved would really breathe new life into STO.
All due respect, if you post something original that isn't a list of what has already been talked about 800,000 times and that hasn't already been mentioned as something the devs are planning to get in the game, then I wouldn't need to be sarcastic.

but you posted a list of what has already been discussed. You posted a list that confirms you already know these things have been discussed and are on the devs to-do list.

So sarcasm is all I can possibly bring to this table. It is really, truely, all it deserves.

I can maybe throw in a couple of apples. Maybe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
All due respect, if you post something original that isn't a list of what has already been talked about 800,000 times and that hasn't already been mentioned as something the devs are planning to get in the game, then I wouldn't need to be sarcastic.
People talk about things on forums. People talk about things that other people talk about. People talk about things that other people have talked about 800,001 times. This is the nature of it.

So be nice. ^.^
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 AM.