Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 C-Store Threads
12-29-2010, 09:00 PM
I am not sure on whatís going on with the c-store complaints which is so 2010 but I think it's new people complaining or its just vets trying to troll but in either case thatís good news cause that means people donít have anything else to complain about or subscriber base is increasing.

But before its get out of hand, Cryptic could you please close these threads.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-29-2010, 09:11 PM
1. You just created a C-Store thread.

2. Simply closing dissenting threads out of hand is a poor business practice.

3. Cryptic tends not to simply close threads they disagree with. More likely they'd move these threads to the C-Store forum. Though even that is questionable as that forum is mostly ignored, and these threads aren't so much about the C-Store in specific as it's effect on the game as a whole.

4. Disagreeing with something that Cryptic does, does not in fact equate to trolling.

5. Posting something you don't like does not in fact equate to trolling.

6. It's still 2010.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
1. You just created a C-Store thread.

2. Simply closing dissenting threads out of hand is a poor business practice.

3. Cryptic tends not to simply close threads they disagree with. More likely they'd move these threads to the C-Store forum. Though even that is questionable as that forum is mostly ignored, and these threads aren't so much about the C-Store in specific as it's effect on the game as a whole.

4. Disagreeing with something that Cryptic does, does not in fact equate to trolling.

5. Posting something you don't like does not in fact equate to trolling.

6. It's still 2010.
This post made me smile, thank you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
This post made me smile, thank you
You're welcome.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
1. You just created a C-Store thread.

2. Simply closing dissenting threads out of hand is a poor business practice.

3. Cryptic tends not to simply close threads they disagree with. More likely they'd move these threads to the C-Store forum. Though even that is questionable as that forum is mostly ignored, and these threads aren't so much about the C-Store in specific as it's effect on the game as a whole.

4. Disagreeing with something that Cryptic does, does not in fact equate to trolling.

5. Posting something you don't like does not in fact equate to trolling.

6. It's still 2010.
Amen! The rather draconian practice of closing threads has not really been a trademark of Cryptic anyway, they might move the CStore threads to the forum's equivelent of a black hole (cstore discussions) but they rarely employ summary execution of those threads.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
1. You just created a C-Store thread.

2. Simply closing dissenting threads out of hand is a poor business practice.

3. Cryptic tends not to simply close threads they disagree with. More likely they'd move these threads to the C-Store forum. Though even that is questionable as that forum is mostly ignored, and these threads aren't so much about the C-Store in specific as it's effect on the game as a whole.

4. Disagreeing with something that Cryptic does, does not in fact equate to trolling.

5. Posting something you don't like does not in fact equate to trolling.

6. It's still 2010.

1. Yes I did

2. No its not it's called moderating the forums but your view and my is just an opinion

3. Agree

4. If you actually comprehend what I wrote I didn't have an issue with them disagreeing. It was an old issue that Cryptic already addressed to the community and it should be watch carefully before it gets out of hand again.

5. Read the statement above and I also said that there must be a reason why this issue was brought back up again and a gave a couple of reasons.

6. Sarcasm
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-30-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
1. You just created a C-Store thread.

2. Simply closing dissenting threads out of hand is a poor business practice.

3. Cryptic tends not to simply close threads they disagree with. More likely they'd move these threads to the C-Store forum. Though even that is questionable as that forum is mostly ignored, and these threads aren't so much about the C-Store in specific as it's effect on the game as a whole.

4. Disagreeing with something that Cryptic does, does not in fact equate to trolling.

5. Posting something you don't like does not in fact equate to trolling.

6. It's still 2010.
+1 Internets.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-30-2010, 04:05 AM
People complain simply because they know they are being fleeced by Cryptic. If people were being treated fair they would not complain, infact they would actually purchase more from the company.

I paid about £780 to Blizzard my Son paid about £120 and my m8 about £750 in the time we played WOW. It was all good business, we never had to buy a thing from any in-game store. We had access to all the character slots, respecs, items, content right out the box. We bought 2 expansions that had more content than STO has in it's entire game. The whole system was fair, we paid our monthy fee and get a great game with plenty content. We stayed for 6 years.

STO has you paying the same monthly fee but they KEEP BACK certain cool items that Blizzard would quite simply give you right out the box. STO make you pay for it on top of your monthly fee, this is why so many people are slagging off Cryptic and leaving the game.

The three people I mentioned in this thread have all cancelled their STO account, the primary reason is the C-Store. Cryptic may think it is bringing them money but I can tell you it's not bringing them ours anymore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-30-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanagrah
People complain simply because they know they are being fleeced by Cryptic. If people were being treated fair they would not complain, infact they would actually purchase more from the company.

I paid about £780 to Blizzard my Son paid about £120 and my m8 about £750 in the time we played WOW. It was all good business, we never had to buy a thing from any in-game store. We had access to all the character slots, respecs, items, content right out the box. We bought 2 expansions that had more content than STO has in it's entire game. The whole system was fair, we paid our monthy fee and get a great game with plenty content.

STO has you paying the same monthly fee but they KEEP BACK certain cool items that Blizzard would quite simply give you right out the box. STO make you pay for it on top of your monthly fee, this is why so many people are slagging off Cryptic and leaving the game.

The three people I mentioned in this thread have all cancelled their STO account, the primary reason is the C-Store. Cryptic may think it is bringing them money but I can tell you it's not bringing them ours anymore.
Strange that you defend WoW, which also has an Item Store with "cool" stuff in it.

Also, how does STO "make" you pay for C-Store items anyway? If the C-Store had some item in it that went beyond mere vanity, I could understand the arguments against it, but right all you've done in this post is support WoW's Item Store while decrying STO's one, when they are functionally identical.

Last time I checked there were a number of "cool items" which could be purchased only through the Blizzard Store, just as is the case with STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-30-2010, 06:11 AM
This is quite a useless thread. By starting it, you're not making your point very well either. I'm not aware of any c-store trolling threads, and I'm on here a lot.

Please open a thread if there's something valid to discuss
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 AM.