Lt. Commander
# 21
12-30-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
Then if it matters that little, i guess i'm over it. You sir, are clearly an idiot.

I actually feel a somewhat better for that too. Interesting. So, cursing is part of every sentence for you. The Oxford Dictionary must be wondering what it ever did wrong. And you kill people for a living? Nice job, i didn't realise that was what being a soldier was all about. You make our armed services very proud indeed.

And i did listen to your message, yet all i got was moaning about buying something that you DON'T have to buy. Play the game, invest some time in your character and that way you shouldn't have anything to ever worry about.

And going back to your other reply. It matters not what my current rank is. By using a Talent Calculator, i've already tested how things should look later on. Your better option of a one time only, no mistakes spec sounds terrible. Its going from one extreme to the other. Those who don't respec every five minutes and instead spend those five minutes assigning points on a Calculator seem to not have these problems. Its another minority crying out for change because they can't have it their way or the simple fact is they don't use the FREE resources available to them that are provided by the community.

ha ha ha.. glad that made you feel better, the irony.. you call me an idiot for cursing then curse at me yourself... sadly I am sure I am far more ejumacated then you, I just dont let the inner nerd out to much, in my line of work you actually need to be a bit tough... And yes I am proud... I spent 3 years in Iraq as a scout.. hunter killer teams? those things.. Yea, most parts of the military involve grabbing your balls and shooting the enemy so kids like you can get on the internet and say stuff you wouldent dare say to my face lawl. That aside.. to business!

Got it.. talent calculator blah blah.. ever use polaron? disruptor? phaser? tetryon? Anti proton? ever see what your toon can do with a maxed ground talent tree? Do you know what talents assist things like TSS3? Or the other dozen skills that serve for primary attacks? Obviously not since you dont respec, so how do you know what you use works best for you? Cause the forums said so? The talent calculator told you? Good job, your obviously an A player... lawl... Games like this revolve around making every little adjustment to get the max out of your toon... assuming you want to be the best. That aside there is not all that much to do in STO so experimentation is part of what keeps the game interesting..
I aspire to be the best, and there is more then one way to do that, but one thing is for sure, no one gets it the first time... You might THINK you know everything.. but the time will come when you realized you didnt get a talent that assists a primary skill or something to that effect.
Yes one extreme to the other is true, might sound wierd, I just think that if respecing is allowed it should not cost money. That or make it not allowed at all...
Back to ONE of my points... there is no reason for cryptic to charge for **** like this.. its desperate, and getting worse with things like the Guramba being 25 bucks...
I feel like im talking to brick wall because anyone that has been at cap for longer then a couple months knows what this this post is refering to, leveling isent hard, doesent take long at all. So the fact that you are NOT at the level cap yet or recently achieved it shows that you haveno aspirations or determination to be the best, so you have no frame of reference to continue within this forum thread... I didnt realize how annoying the lack of a dual-spec was until just a few months ago, and I had a VA since a week after launch.
Sooo have a nice day so far you have sure made mine!
Hey, here is an idea, spend more time playing then typing, sound good? Great!
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakma View Post
Well said Green, Calibers, not sure how to respond to your posts except wow, pretty sad

Mustrum, I usually agree with your posts but not here, I have agree with Green, I think the way they have it is the way it should be, its all about choices. I am spec'd fully into space at VA and I have zero points put into ground yet I am able to complete all the STF's and missions in game, it might take me a few minutes longer on ground but thats the price one pays when spec'd that way. When the space part of the mission comes up well that time is made up because of how I spec'd into space. To me its a fair tradeoff considering more of the gameplay I enjoy is space.
Makes scense, like stated earlier, I dont know anyone specced into ground, not wondering why, just seems foolish to have 2 different games wthin STO, one obviously favored but providing talents for both on one tree. no point in having ground combat talents really.... and that makes me a sad, want to see it be useful. At this point they are not

Best thing I can say is its not like WoW dual spec in WoW lets you be both a DPS/Healer, Im not a tac looking to be a sci, WoW is one game, ground combat.. this is 2 games, space and ground, the talents should reflect that imo.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibers View Post
ha ha ha.. glad that made you feel better, the irony.. you call me an idiot for cursing then curse at me yourself... sadly I am sure I am far more ejumacated then you, I just dont let the inner nerd out to much, in my line of work you actually need to be a bit tough... And yes I am proud... I spent 3 years in Iraq as a scout.. hunter killer teams? those things.. Yea, most parts of the military involve grabbing your balls and shooting the enemy so kids like you can get on the internet and say stuff you wouldent dare say to my face lawl. That aside.. to business!

Got it.. talent calculator blah blah.. ever use polaron? disruptor? phaser? tetryon? Anti proton? ever see what your toon can do with a maxed ground talent tree? Do you know what talents assist things like TSS3? Or the other dozen skills that serve for primary attacks? Obviously not since you dont respec, so how do you know what you use works best for you? Cause the forums said so? The talent calculator told you? Good job, your obviously an A player... lawl... Games like this revolve around making every little adjustment to get the max out of your toon... assuming you want to be the best. That aside there is not all that much to do in STO so experimentation is part of what keeps the game interesting..
I aspire to be the best, and there is more then one way to do that, but one thing is for sure, no one gets it the first time... You might THINK you know everything.. but the time will come when you realized you didnt get a talent that assists a primary skill or something to that effect.
Yes one extreme to the other is true, might sound wierd, I just think that if respecing is allowed it should not cost money. That or make it not allowed at all...
Back to ONE of my points... there is no reason for cryptic to charge for **** like this.. its desperate, and getting worse with things like the Guramba being 25 bucks...
I feel like im talking to brick wall because anyone that has been at cap for longer then a couple months knows what this this post is refering to, leveling isent hard, doesent take long at all. So the fact that you are NOT at the level cap yet or recently achieved it shows that you haveno aspirations or determination to be the best, so you have no frame of reference to continue within this forum thread... I didnt realize how annoying the lack of a dual-spec was until just a few months ago, and I had a VA since a week after launch.
Sooo have a nice day so far you have sure made mine!
Hey, here is an idea, spend more time playing then typing, sound good? Great!
So its taken me 2 months to get to where i am due to zero aspirations and no determination, and the fact i spend far too much time typing as opposed to playing...And this has nothing at all to do with my current Degree which i am studying at the moment, nothing what so ever. You see, i have priorities, and its really been this Christmas break where my time in STO play time has increased. I study hard and when these holidays appear, i play hard, yet 24/7 gaming is something i left behind with Wow. But i get it, your a soldier, you kill people and then play STO the rest of the time when you are not killing people. If only i thought about this avenue before i began my Degree, i could have been an Admiral and suddenly realised the lack of importance with Talent Calculators, before joining forces and creating threads where we moan together across the galaxy.
And I don't care about the Guramba. Either buy it or don't, there isn't much to it other than that. I haven't brought it, and i don't think i ever will, regardless if it looks great and all. If others follow suit, maybe prices will be lowered in the future. Though i wouldn't say its any where near as desperate as the amount of threads and posts that keep following up, generally created by people sharing the same mentality of high tiered moaning.

You do truly love your assumptions of others with your A-Grade player remarks. So i read a little, i'm sorry that offends you, but when i do something, i will always try and do my best, especially when its something i do love and enjoy, i.e. STO and my Degree.
And thanks for defending our countries from...what is it you are doing again? Thats right, so kids like me can use the internet. And heres me thinking my Firewall was doing the trick. Let me know if you ever find any WMD's out there...
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am very much a fan of the dual spec idea.

The game already forces us into respecs. You want to be good at flying your current ship? Well, these skill points devalue the moment you are switching to the next ship once you level up.
False, some % of those skills carries over to the next tier ship of the same class.

As for respecing costing to many merits, get over it. The game is easy enough as it is, go and do some missions or something to gather some merits and if you just want to experiment then copy your character to Tribble and experiment all you want. The free respecs you get through normal leveling should be more than enough for most people.

Oh and the current skill tree does indeed allow us to spec into space, ground or both.
Spec into:
Space = good in space, not so good on ground
Ground = good on ground, not so good in space
Both = almost equally good in space and ground depending on your build

If you want to play a MMO that is easier than STO then good luck finding one because it will be a hard task to do, so please don't ask Cryptic to make this game even easier than it already is...
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Makes scense, like stated earlier, I dont know anyone specced into ground, not wondering why, just seems foolish to have 2 different games wthin STO, one obviously favored but providing talents for both on one tree. no point in having ground combat talents really.... and that makes me a sad, want to see it be useful. At this point they are not

Best thing I can say is its not like WoW dual spec in WoW lets you be both a DPS/Healer, Im not a tac looking to be a sci, WoW is one game, ground combat.. this is 2 games, space and ground, the talents should reflect that imo.
Personally I think "WOW" is a kids game, played it for 3 days and never looked back, never felt I was missing it. Honestlly didn't think it took that much thought simply button mashing to acheive the end. Here if you don't push the right button at the right time "boom" you are dead. Heh maybe the reason its so popular is because its so simplified anyone can play it. I personally like more of a challenge.

Ground Missions at the moment in STO is lets say "pittiful", why would I want to put points into something that does not play well ?

Ground PVP atm is a joke and thats being generous....people play it but sadly not many.

Space PVP on the other hand is quite enjoyable to me and add in teamwork and you can expect even more enjoyment. That said I wish they had more PVP in game, different maps, different gametypes. I think it would add even more enjoyment and just might move more of the non-pvpers to actually start pvping.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
So its taken me 2 months to get to where i am due to zero aspirations and no determination, and the fact i spend far too much time typing as opposed to playing...And this has nothing at all to do with my current Degree which i am studying at the moment, nothing what so ever. You see, i have priorities, and its really been this Christmas break where my time in STO play time has increased. I study hard and when these holidays appear, i play hard, yet 24/7 gaming is something i left behind with Wow. But i get it, your a soldier, you kill people and then play STO the rest of the time when you are not killing people. If only i thought about this avenue before i began my Degree, i could have been an Admiral and suddenly realised the lack of importance with Talent Calculators, before joining forces and creating threads where we moan together across the galaxy.
And I don't care about the Guramba. Either buy it or don't, there isn't much to it other than that. I haven't brought it, and i don't think i ever will, regardless if it looks great and all. If others follow suit, maybe prices will be lowered in the future. Though i wouldn't say its any where near as desperate as the amount of threads and posts that keep following up, generally created by people sharing the same mentality of high tiered moaning.

You do truly love your assumptions of others with your A-Grade player remarks. So i read a little, i'm sorry that offends you, but when i do something, i will always try and do my best, especially when its something i do love and enjoy, i.e. STO and my Degree.
And thanks for defending our countries from...what is it you are doing again? Thats right, so kids like me can use the internet. And heres me thinking my Firewall was doing the trick. Let me know if you ever find any WMD's out there...
hey man, you started it, i finished it... rest assured I decided to serve my country after I finished an AS.
Yea.. I made an assumption based off what u said, and it was right. Your priority is school (as it should be) but dont run around the forums making comments about things you frankly know nothing about. I was in school full time getting my BA while still on active duty and managed to get to VA in a couple weeks... yes, its that easy.. By a grade player I just mean someone more then casual, someone who does research in how to create there toon, and perfects it as best he can. This should never end.
And really, are you trying to belittle my proffession.. there is a reason why 1% of this nations population has ever worn a uniform. Because we did what other people cant bring them selves to do... I'm done going back, you'll see me relaxing with my wife in the bahamas once this winter ends. Have a nice life, good luck with your schooling.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakma View Post
Personally I think "WOW" is a kids game, played it for 3 days and never looked back, never felt I was missing it. Honestlly didn't think it took that much thought simply button mashing to acheive the end. Here if you don't push the right button at the right time "boom" you are dead. Heh maybe the reason its so popular is because its so simplified anyone can play it. I personally like more of a challenge.

Ground Missions at the moment in STO is lets say "pittiful", why would I want to put points into something that does not play well ?

Ground PVP atm is a joke and thats being generous....people play it but sadly not many.

Space PVP on the other hand is quite enjoyable to me and add in teamwork and you can expect even more enjoyment. That said I wish they had more PVP in game, different maps, different gametypes. I think it would add even more enjoyment and just might move more of the non-pvpers to actually start pvping.
Id agree for the most part.. I guess dual spec (or restructuring talents) would be a step in the direction of making ground more fun.. Unfortunate ground stinks but would be nice to have a spec to specialize in ground.. if not for any other reason then to make it end faster...
As far as wow.. um.. its really more complex then this game at the end, 25-40 man raids, 3 talent trees, 7 toon classses, lots of combinations, 71 talent points, and that game talents give you skills so you have to think alot more, I dont play it any longer but I do at least admit its a well structured game. Play STO for 3 days and you will barely get out of Tier 2 meaning you will just have a couple buttons also man. Tier 1 ship has 3 weapons... you face the enemy, pop your "buff" and band bang... same as any mmo at the begining. Pritty dull.. its the "novelty" of the game that captivates you at that point, im assuming you like star trek so that naturally makes this game more "fun". I was just using wow as an example for the specs, that were not asking to fofill multiple rolls, just asking to spec into the different sub-games without sacrificing enjoyment in the primary focus of the game. or paying real money for it
Lt. Commander
# 28 Dual Specs
12-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Someting common in many MMOs. People having a PVP and PVE spec. Something that should be looked into.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Someting common in many MMOs. People having a PVP and PVE spec. Something that should be looked into.
In most cases PvP and PvE specs means different equipment and not different skill builds.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Id agree for the most part.. I guess dual spec (or restructuring talents) would be a step in the direction of making ground more fun.. Unfortunate ground stinks but would be nice to have a spec to specialize in ground.. if not for any other reason then to make it end faster...
As far as wow.. um.. its really more complex then this game at the end, 25-40 man raids, 3 talent trees, 7 toon classses, lots of combinations, 71 talent points, and that game talents give you skills so you have to think alot more, I dont play it any longer but I do at least admit its a well structured game. Play STO for 3 days and you will barely get out of Tier 2 meaning you will just have a couple buttons also man. Tier 1 ship has 3 weapons... you face the enemy, pop your "buff" and band bang... same as any mmo at the begining. Pritty dull.. its the "novelty" of the game that captivates you at that point, im assuming you like star trek so that naturally makes this game more "fun". I was just using wow as an example for the specs, that were not asking to fofill multiple rolls, just asking to spec into the different sub-games without sacrificing enjoyment in the primary focus of the game. or paying real money for it
Oh I am not saying I know much if anything at all about WoW, like I said I lasted all of 3 days playing it and it just felt sooo kiddish its not even funny. I on the other hand chose Age of Conan even with all its faults, yet another game pushed out the door by the publisher, not the developer as i believe was the case here as well because of the intense melee where you chose to attack from the right, left, top or bottom, it took real skill to play at the top levels as well as dungeons. It was to me a more adult type of game than WoW even after reading your description of WoW at higher levels. But *** caved in to PVE'ers and totally ruined the game for pvp'ers imo and I came here to a game I know because of its genre and my love for all the Star Trek shows and movies.