Lt. Commander
# 1 Why I would play STO over KOTR
12-30-2010, 04:28 AM
Was just watching some videos on the new Bioware game coming out in and they were talking about the space system. They said ... it was ... going to be .... a RAIL SYSTEM!!! Omg, I had enough complaints about too much instancing in STO and how space didn't feel very open ... but a RAIL SHOOTER??? OMFG. Although it looks to be a very impressive game I don't know if I can handle this lol.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-30-2010, 04:31 AM
old news
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-30-2010, 04:37 AM
I will choose to get my free months sub to TOR, only to make a Trek Character and to taunt the Warsians and laugh at them after the game falls into the massive black hole left by APB and Hellgate: London (although Im inclinded to believe it was Matrix Online that created it)

At the end of the day, all it boils down to, in my generation (1980 - now) your either Star Wars or Star Trek and I think im amongst good company here. STO dosent fear TOR, TOR fears STO!
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-30-2010, 04:43 AM
If only we could have STO's space combat system and TOR's ground combat one....
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-30-2010, 04:44 AM
I'm really looking forward to SWTOR, and the on-rails shooter you mentioned looks great. I remember my jaw hitting the floor when they first released that footage. Having twiddled my thumbs for many a time on the back of a Griff in Wow, this looks like the next best step for assisted travelling. I'll be getting SWTOR, yet i will continue to play STO just as much. I love both universes and i hope they both have great futures ahead of them. Why pick sides when both sides offer so much?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-30-2010, 04:52 AM
Yep, lost interest when they started to mess with space, for it's just not what they should be doing. Guess someone cried wolf in space and was heard. Inconceivable...

---
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-30-2010, 04:54 AM
i think the space part of tor is more a mini game than an actual main attraction. the space part does not look my sort of thing at all.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-30-2010, 04:58 AM
There's a few hinging factors on whether or not I end up playing TOR... but I've really been more and more disappointed with bioware's work lately. They seem more focused on limiting the player to -their- story than allowing the player a variety of options. I dont think Bioware understands just how much customization and personalization mean to players - especially MMO players. ToR, from what I've seen, will have virtually zero ship or clothing/armor customization options, they're limiting you to only the near-human species, and they're really giving no room for the roleplayers to do their thing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-30-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telbasta
they're really giving no room for the roleplayers to do their thing.
Maybe SWG still has a chance then.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-30-2010, 05:09 AM
I intend to enjoy both.

being a bioware game i don't know what people were expecting, what did space combat consist of in KOTOR1 and 2? rail shooter.

as for RP, with all it's options people say the same for STO, personally i just find those to be excuses for poor roleplaying since it is mostly what you make of it.
Closed Thread